javascript

August 22, 2005 3:05:32 AM

When trying to enter into a chat with my ISP technical support, I got
a message saying Javascript needs to be enabled/installed. How do I
do this? I know Microsoft does not particularly like Javascript (but
I think it's here to stay). Is Sun better than Microsoft? TIA

More about : javascript

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:05:33 AM

Hi,
Internet Explorer's ability to render Javascript comes from Windows Script.
More on that later...

For your type of Javascript problem, some possibilities:

Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Or, try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

From Internet Options> General> Temporary Internet Files> Settings> View
Objects, choose "Details" view and remove any objects marked as damaged.

Important...
Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet Security and a number of
other programs can be configured to block scripts.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/down...
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Re-registering the DLLs listed in this article may help:
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Phisherman" <noone[at]nobody.com> wrote in message
> When trying to enter into a chat with my ISP technical support, I got
> a message saying Javascript needs to be enabled/installed. How do I
> do this? I know Microsoft does not particularly like Javascript (but
> I think it's here to stay). Is Sun better than Microsoft? TIA
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:05:33 AM

Don't confuse Sun Java with javascript. they are completely different.

Check your security settings to se if you have scripting disabled.

"Phisherman" <noone@nobody.com> wrote in message
> When trying to enter into a chat with my ISP technical support, I got
> a message saying Javascript needs to be enabled/installed. How do I
> do this? I know Microsoft does not particularly like Javascript (but
> I think it's here to stay). Is Sun better than Microsoft? TIA
August 23, 2005 6:33:10 AM

I could not find any enable buttons for Java. However I downloaded
and installed Java Client version 1.5 (from Sun) and now I can use
websites that require Java technology. Thanks
!