Cannot eject tape from PV 120T DLT1 Autoloader drive

How do I manually eject a DLT IV tape in a PV 120T DL1
autoloader drive? The autoloader makes a series of loud noises
when I select the EJECT DRIVE mode on the control panel. The
tape comes out about half an inch of the way no more. The
autloader enters an alarm state. IF I powercycle and reissue
the eject command the autoloader now says the source drive is
empty even though the tape is still in there albeit partially
out.

The unit is currently detached from the SCSI connector.

akwete@hotmail.com wrote:
> How do I manually eject a DLT IV tape in a PV 120T DL1
> autoloader drive? The autoloader makes a series of loud noises
> when I select the EJECT DRIVE mode on the control panel. The
> tape comes out about half an inch of the way no more. The
> autloader enters an alarm state. IF I powercycle and reissue
> the eject command the autoloader now says the source drive is
> empty even though the tape is still in there albeit partially
> out.
>
> The unit is currently detached from the SCSI connector.

Hopefully, someone with direct experience will respond. Until then,
AIRC, this same question came up several months ago. You might find the
original posting with Google Groups, searching on the drive name.

Charlie

The drive and the loader are really two separate units in one cabinet. If
you're comfortable working on your equipment you can take out the screws
that hold the drive in (four, I think) and pull it out the back. You can
probably get the tape out and you may be able to see what's wrong. If you're
lucky it was some sort of transient problem and everything will work fine
when you put it back together.

<akwete@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I manually eject a DLT IV tape in a PV 120T DL1
> autoloader drive? The autoloader makes a series of loud noises
> when I select the EJECT DRIVE mode on the control panel. The
> tape comes out about half an inch of the way no more. The
> autloader enters an alarm state. IF I powercycle and reissue
> the eject command the autoloader now says the source drive is
> empty even though the tape is still in there albeit partially
> out.
>
> The unit is currently detached from the SCSI connector.

I was hoping to avoid that:)