Dell Openmanage Clients 'Unclassified' After SP2

I have a bunch of Windows XP Dell machines that go from being managed
machines in Dell's IT Assistant to 'Unclassified' once I install
Windows XP SP2. I have not changed anything else on the machine and
have disabled the client firewall for troubleshooting. Has anyone else
run into this problem?

pboguszewski@library.wisc.edu wrote:
> I have a bunch of Windows XP Dell machines that go from being managed
> machines in Dell's IT Assistant to 'Unclassified' once I install
> Windows XP SP2. I have not changed anything else on the machine and
> have disabled the client firewall for troubleshooting. Has anyone
> else run into this problem?

SP2 imposes limitations on the loopback adresses 127.0.0.X. Look into
KB 884020 to see if it applies.