donald

I have small network setup in my home. The second computer sometimes loses
internet connection and asks me to try to connect again. What is going on
that causes this to happen? Both computers are XP, one is" pro" and the other
is "home"

Without knowing if it is wired/wireless, etc...guessing...
Sometimes, the NIC is set to shutdown to save power.
It may not be keeping the connection 'alive' when it goes to standby or
hibernate.
If it's wireless, it may drop the signal and need help reconnecting.

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

Donald Wrote:
> I have small network setup in my home. The second computer sometimes
> loses
> internet connection and asks me to try to connect again. What is going
> on
> that causes this to happen? Both computers are XP, one is" pro" and the
> other
> is "home"

If the second computer is connected wirelessly, you may experience
connectivity issues if you have other devices in your household or
closeby using the same frequency or channel as your router, which I
believe is the 2.4 Ghz. One perfect example of this would be your
cordless phone and microwave. This bugged me alot and the only thing I
could do about it was to just change the frequency each time and hope
and it will reconnect. If it is not connected wirelessly, it could be a
different problem.....

--
Evolution54