Want to play: CV in MD

Does anyone know if there are any CV's on location around the
Baltimore/Washington area? I want to play one in order to see if I like
it. (And if I do, I want to then start looking for one) PinMame doesn't
cut it.

Thanks,
Dino

The only one I've personally played on location is at Fletcher's bar in
Fells Point in Baltimore. I haven't been there since late last year so
I don't know if they still have it. Condition was not very good - in
fact, the ringmaster did not go down all the way, making all the RM
stuff impossible to experience correctly. But, it's still a chance to
at least see something before plunking down a lot of cash. Fletcher's
has a website - fletchersbar.com

Also, according to fspazone.org and their DC/Balto. location list,
there's a C*V at Johns Hopkins that's higher rated than Fletchers -
meaning it might be more playable.

Hope this helps. I was in the same boat when I was considering C*V and
even though the one at Fletchers wasn't great, just the beauty of the
whole package and the obvious fun of a fully-working machine pushed me
to buy one. I have not regretted it. Good luck.

-- Jim (C*V, F*H, WH2@)

dinotheo@yahoo.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any CV's on location around the
> Baltimore/Washington area? I want to play one in order to see if I like
> it. (And if I do, I want to then start looking for one) PinMame doesn't
> cut it.
>
> Thanks,
> Dino

Jim,
Thanks for the response. I had seen on the FSPA site that JH had one. I
wanted to see if there was one a little more convenient before I went
up and wandered aimlessly around JH's campus.
I have already made the mistake a few times of buying machines (3 times
to be exact)on reputation alone. I ended up not liking the games and
selling them soon after. Since they are considered very popular on here
I won't name the games for fear of getting flamed. ;-) .

Dino
ST*TNG
TO*TAN
TS*PP
T*OM
LO*TR

yeah pinmame does a great dis-service to most of the games.
I played safecracker extensively before i played a real one and it just
doesn't come close to emulating the playability.
Dan