Solved

Professional PC Soundcards with 5.1 RCA?

Hello,

I'm in the process of planning a HTPC, but I don't want to buy an audio receiver as I don't think it will fit with the rest of my equipment. I was wondering --
Is there any soundcard that can connect directly, WITHOUT the use of a receiver, to a 5.1 Home Theater set (Klipsch)?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a total n00b at this kind of thing. I was hoping for some way to be able to connect the speaker wire into a soundcard, but I'm currently finding that this is impossible.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about professional soundcards
  1. Hey,

Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.htomega.com/clarohalo_xt.html
  2. Oh shoot, sorry, it's powered headphone jack and not powered for all output.

I'm not sure if there is any.
  3. Best answer
    monsieurtaco said:
    Hello,

I'm in the process of planning a HTPC, but I don't want to buy an audio receiver as I don't think it will fit with the rest of my equipment. I was wondering --
    Is there any soundcard that can connect directly, WITHOUT the use of a receiver, to a 5.1 Home Theater set (Klipsch)?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a total n00b at this kind of thing. I was hoping for some way to be able to connect the speaker wire into a soundcard, but I'm currently finding that this is impossible.

no i dont think there is, plus even if there was some, say amplified front out port and etc... it wouldnt be enuogh to power a passive speaker.
  4. Best answer selected by monsieurtaco.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Connection RCA Sound Cards Audio