Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Professional PC Soundcards with 5.1 RCA?

Last response: in Home Audio
March 2, 2011 6:52:54 PM

Hello,

I'm in the process of planning a HTPC, but I don't want to buy an audio receiver as I don't think it will fit with the rest of my equipment. I was wondering --
Is there any soundcard that can connect directly, WITHOUT the use of a receiver, to a 5.1 Home Theater set (Klipsch)?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a total n00b at this kind of thing. I was hoping for some way to be able to connect the speaker wire into a soundcard, but I'm currently finding that this is impossible.
March 3, 2011 3:17:36 AM

Oh shoot, sorry, it's powered headphone jack and not powered for all output.

I'm not sure if there is any.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 4, 2011 7:50:25 PM

monsieurtaco said:
Hello,

I'm in the process of planning a HTPC, but I don't want to buy an audio receiver as I don't think it will fit with the rest of my equipment. I was wondering --
Is there any soundcard that can connect directly, WITHOUT the use of a receiver, to a 5.1 Home Theater set (Klipsch)?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a total n00b at this kind of thing. I was hoping for some way to be able to connect the speaker wire into a soundcard, but I'm currently finding that this is impossible.

no i dont think there is, plus even if there was some, say amplified front out port and etc... it wouldnt be enuogh to power a passive speaker.
March 11, 2011 3:37:19 AM

Best answer selected by monsieurtaco.
m
l
!