MS Bluetooth Mobile 6000 Keyboard hangs in Win7 Help?

oscar_the_grouch

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hi,

I bought Microsoft's Bluetooth Mobile 6000 Keyboard some time ago. So far, I had only used it with a WinXP based computer. Recently, I bought a Sony Vaio i7 laptop loaded with Win 7 Pro 64bit.

I did not have any problems pairing the keyboard to the laptop. However, when using it, if I stop typing for 15 seconds, the keyboard seems to go to sleep. I have to press keys several times before the keyboard works again.

For more info, I am using the laptop's built in bluetooth receiver and the driver is up to date.

It isn't an expensive keyboard but I really like it and would like to keep on using it. So, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

G

I had the same problem and it seems that I have found the solution. The problem is not from the keyboard but rather from the Bluetooth driver settings on your computer. In order to solve that go to device manager and double click on your Bluetooth driver to access properties. Choose the power management tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Try it out and let me know if it works. It’s working great for me so far.

Still this keyboard has the standby feature but it’s only activated after 8-10 minutes of inactivity, which is good for saving battery life and waking up takes only 1-2 seconds after clicking any button, which is convenient.

Good luck..

lchacon

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Anonymous!!! You really should work at Microsoft!!! I looked for every solution on the web and in Microsoft Foroums but nothing...

Your solution was real great!!!

Best regards. If you ever come to Guatemala send me an e-mail: lchacon@hotmail.com or look for me at fb. luisfer.chacon

Best regards!