0x51F Error

Would this problem downld'g the recent Office 2003 SP1 update from MS
Automatic Updates have anything to do with using an SBC/Yahoo! Browser? I am
having the same difficulty getting SP 1 Update to install. (Four times
failed) And the only indicator is a 0x51F error.
2 answers Last reply
More about 0x51f error

    kje wrote:
    > *Would this problem downld'g the recent Office 2003 SP1 update from
    > MS
    > Automatic Updates have anything to do with using an SBC/Yahoo!
    > Browser? I am
    > having the same difficulty getting SP 1 Update to install. (Four
    > times
    > failed) And the only indicator is a 0x51F error. *

    Hi the only ref i can find to the 0x51F error is this:
    Nitest Tool Does Not Work When You Reset the Secure Channel Using
    NetBIOS Computer Name.
    see http://tinyurl.com/8punk

    Hope this helps you.

    --
    thedon57

    Have your Office installation CD handy. (The first CD of the set.) Put it in the CD / DVD drive before the install phase of the update.

    Make sure to tweak 2 things.
    Refine settings in Internet Explorer browser. Add the following

    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    http://update.microsoft.com

    http://download.windowsupdate.com

    to the trusted sites list in the Internet Options.

    To access the Exceptions settings.

    1. Open Internet Explorer browser

    2. Click Tools / Internet Options

    3. Click the Security Tab

    4. Click on the Trusted Sites Icon

    5. Click on the Sites button

    6. Unselect the check box "Require server verification (https:)for all sites in this zone"

    7. Add all sites listed above

    8. Apply changes.

    Do this to tweak the pop-up blocker in I.E.-SP2 browser.
    From Internet Explorer main menu, select Tools, then Popup blocker, then popup blocker settings.
    For address of Web site to allow, type in
    *.microsoft.com

    Press Add, then press Close.

    That last part is to insure you see the prompt to insert Office CD.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    kje wrote:
    > Would this problem downld'g the recent Office 2003 SP1 update from MS
    > Automatic Updates have anything to do with using an SBC/Yahoo!
    > Browser? I am having the same difficulty getting SP 1 Update to
    > install. (Four times failed) And the only indicator is a 0x51F error.

Microsoft Windows XP