general protection fault with activesync

August 22, 2005 12:46:29 AM

I just downloaded activesync 3.8...no problem. However, when it starts
itself up, I get the error message: Program performed an illegal function and
will be shutdown. In the details, it says: WCESCOMM (aka activesync) caused
a general protection fault in module VGA.DRV at 0001:00002a91

What does this mean? Any help would be much appreciated!
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 1:46:53 PM

"acphm984" <acphm984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just downloaded activesync 3.8...no problem. However, when it starts
>itself up, I get the error message: Program performed an illegal function and
>will be shutdown. In the details, it says: WCESCOMM (aka activesync) caused
>a general protection fault in module VGA.DRV at 0001:00002a91
>
>What does this mean? Any help would be much appreciated!

What version of Windows are you using? That error message indicates
that you are running one if the 9x versions of Windows (95/98/Me).

This newsgroup deals with Windows XP. You will have a much better
chance of getting a useful response to your request if you post it to
a newsgroup that deals with your actual version of Windows.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP