How do I uninstall a screensaver?

I've just downloaded and installed a screensaver on our PC (with Windows XP
Pro) but now I don't want it because it didn't look as good as I had hoped
for. I want to get rid of it but it's not on the Add/Remove programs on the
Control Panel. Anyone know how to get rid of a space-consuming screensaver?
--
Trying to hide this from husband

Start
Settings
Control Panel
Display
Screen Saver tab

The name of the screen saver should be in the Screen Saver box.
Note the name and then change the setting from the drop down menu.

Look for a Readme file in the Screen Saver file you downloaded and if there
is one it may tell you how to remove it from the hard drive.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just downloaded and installed a screensaver on our PC (with Windows
> XP
> Pro) but now I don't want it because it didn't look as good as I had hoped
> for. I want to get rid of it but it's not on the Add/Remove programs on
> the
> Control Panel. Anyone know how to get rid of a space-consuming
> screensaver?
> --
> Trying to hide this from husband

We have no idea which version of Windows you are using. In this case use the download file and install it and take notice where the install is putting it along with it's name. Then go to that location and remove \Delete it. Or do a search for the name and then delete it

--
Peter

"PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3CD4364-688C-47F2-BAD0-0B0E62089B67@microsoft.com...
> I've just downloaded and installed a screensaver on our PC (with Windows XP
> Pro) but now I don't want it because it didn't look as good as I had hoped
> for. I want to get rid of it but it's not on the Add/Remove programs on the
> Control Panel. Anyone know how to get rid of a space-consuming screensaver?
> --
> Trying to hide this from husband

My Bad. I just saw XP Pro. Anyway follow what I said and you should have no problems

--
Peter

"PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3CD4364-688C-47F2-BAD0-0B0E62089B67@microsoft.com...
> I've just downloaded and installed a screensaver on our PC (with Windows XP
> Pro) but now I don't want it because it didn't look as good as I had hoped
> for. I want to get rid of it but it's not on the Add/Remove programs on the
> Control Panel. Anyone know how to get rid of a space-consuming screensaver?
> --
> Trying to hide this from husband

What you suggested was a way to use a different screensaver - I wanted to get
rid of it altogether from the computer. Peter Foldes also responded - best
way is to delete the screensaver from the directory that it was originally
installed to.

Thanks for your help!