Boot from USB??

Anyone know if it's possible on a dimension 2400?

I know it has something to do with the bios settings, but don't want
to prod about and bollox it.....

Anyone help?
--

Cheers!
Fr Jack

> Anyone know if it's possible on a dimension 2400?

Not tried it personally, but look out for Puppy Linux and Damn Small
Linux - both of these should boot from a USB device. They`re each around
50Mb and load direct to RAM upon booting.

"Fr Jack" <sp@mtrap.com> wrote in message

> Anyone know if it's possible on a dimension 2400?
>
> I know it has something to do with the bios settings, but don't want
> to prod about and bollox it.....
>
> Anyone help?
> --

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=28700158

was very helpful in getting my Dimension 8400 to boot from a USB
pendrive/flashdrive/memory stick/whatever.

I'd already set the BIOS to look first at my USB device but my system kept
reporting "invalid system disk - please replace and strike any key" (ah,
happy memories of bygone Dos days).

The HP utility the author mentions on page 3 of that article which
apparently configures most USB flash-type devices works quite happily with a
Dimension 8400 if anyone's interested.

TRENDING THREADS