papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
it's good to be a reseller every once in a while I get news from amd. There is going to be a new stock cooler and a new package. They will also be putting a serial number on the chips with dates and batch info that can be visible from the package. should help us overclockers out a bit. here's the pdf

<A HREF="http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/PIB13.pdf?PC=SYSB-SBE-E-E25A-E-MA4.1-SUNI-PIB1" target="_new">http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/PIB13.pdf?PC=SYSB-SBE-E-E25A-E-MA4.1-SUNI-PIB1</A>

A womans body is a temple built upon a sewer.

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
Actually, this was announced at MML2. :) The part about the quieter cooler anyway.

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
lol.. sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade. Hell I had forgotten about it until reading your post, and I'm sure lots of people here didn't go to MML2. :wink:

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
yeah, you wanna stop reminding me? Fuk I cried when I read about all the prizes people got for going somewhere I wanted to go ...oh no I'm gonna start again :'(

A womans body is a temple built upon a sewer.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
hey papasmurf,
When i got my 1700+ t-bred B in April, i got the cooler u have mentioned. Very nice one. Max RPM is 3200 and with Q-Fan in my ASUS mobo, the HSF runs at 2200rpm. so silent... i wish the fan in my generic PSU was that silent as well. And the best part is, this new HSF out-performs the Volcano 6Cu (Copper cylinder - Aluminium Fins).

<b><font color=red>237</font color=red> posts and i am still a <font color=blue>MEMBER</font color=blue>...</b>