Q: Mylars around Pop Bumpers (Just a thought I had)

Hi,

I know many say these areas need them but I have gone without them on my
Cleared HSII, heaps of damage had been caused having one there from the
factory which I found after it was removed, the edge of the Mylar around the
Pop Bumpers once removed had caused a cut like a knife in the top layer of
the Playfield and was making most of the paint lift on the cut it had made,
it was hell to repair.

If people really want to have Mylar's around their Pop Bumpers then I
would suggest removing the Pop Bumpers completely from the Playfield then
make a custom Mylar that goes completely under all the Pop Bumpers and cut
it to the factory edge the outside had then reinstall the Pop Bumpers.

I myself have gone the no Mylar option around my Pop Bumpers so this one
could be a learning experience I think, I have however made custom ones for
some areas of my Playfield where ball drops and ramp drops occur.

Thanks for reading.

Kevin

BTW: If anyone can tell me a reason why I should have them around the
Pop Bumpers then your thoughts are welcome of course.

>then make a custom Mylar that goes completely
>under all the Pop Bumpers

Or just buy pre-cut, self stick, mylar rings from PBR.

Kirb

I think he's saying that the precut ones caused some wear on the ink
where the edge was. Seems like if they were installed like some ops
did, just putting a mylar down and then cutting with an exacto might
have caused his problem.

No it was defiantly a factory Mylar with Pre-cut holes to fit over the
Pop Bumpers.

Kevin

Sojourner353 wrote:
> No it was defiantly a factory Mylar with Pre-cut holes to fit over the
> Pop Bumpers.
>
> Kevin

Wico used to sell those in the old days, they were a ring that could be
installed without removing the pop bumper. They also had colored ones
to mask existing damage.