Logon Password

I am running XP Home on a network with no other users.

I currently haveto use a password to logon. I dont want to have to do that.
I just want it to turn on and load to the desktop without having to go thru
the logon screen.

how do i do it?

I've read the helps but cant seem to find this soulution.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about logon password

    Try this:

    Select Start | Run. Type control userpasswords2.

    Uncheck the box for "Users must enter a user name and password for this
    computer."
    When it prompts to enter a user name and password for an auto-login provide
    it and click Ok. Next time you restart it should be automatically logged in
    to your desktop.

    --
    JonyBrv

    In news:esGeFjtpFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Brad Morris <bradmorris@mchsi.com> had this to say:

    > I am running XP Home on a network with no other users.
    >
    > I currently haveto use a password to logon. I dont want to have to do
    > that. I just want it to turn on and load to the desktop without
    > having to go thru the logon screen.
    >
    > how do i do it?
    >
    > I've read the helps but cant seem to find this soulution.
    >
    > Thanks

    Start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > press enter
    > untick the box that says users must enter a username and password to use
    the computer > fill in the appropriate information when the popup screen
    asks you to (account and password) > pound on the okay button a couple of
    times > reboot to ensure that it was effective.

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

Microsoft Windows XP