Logon Password

August 22, 2005 4:17:22 AM

I am running XP Home on a network with no other users.

I currently haveto use a password to logon. I dont want to have to do that.
I just want it to turn on and load to the desktop without having to go thru
the logon screen.

how do i do it?

I've read the helps but cant seem to find this soulution.

Thanks

More about : logon password

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 4:17:23 AM

Try this:

Select Start | Run. Type control userpasswords2.

Uncheck the box for "Users must enter a user name and password for this
computer."
When it prompts to enter a user name and password for an auto-login provide
it and click Ok. Next time you restart it should be automatically logged in
to your desktop.

--
JonyBrv

"Brad Morris" wrote:

> I am running XP Home on a network with no other users.
>
> I currently haveto use a password to logon. I dont want to have to do that.
> I just want it to turn on and load to the desktop without having to go thru
> the logon screen.
>
> how do i do it?
>
> I've read the helps but cant seem to find this soulution.
>
> Thanks

August 22, 2005 5:22:12 AM

In news:esGeFjtpFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Brad Morris <bradmorris@mchsi.com> had this to say:

> I am running XP Home on a network with no other users.
>
> I currently haveto use a password to logon. I dont want to have to do
> that. I just want it to turn on and load to the desktop without
> having to go thru the logon screen.
>
> how do i do it?
>
> I've read the helps but cant seem to find this soulution.
>
> Thanks

Start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > press enter
> untick the box that says users must enter a username and password to use
the computer > fill in the appropriate information when the popup screen
asks you to (account and password) > pound on the okay button a couple of
times > reboot to ensure that it was effective.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes