Presario 7360 - slow clock

Preasrio 7360, running Win98SE, loses time. I have replaced the CMOS
battery, scanned with AdAware, SpyBot and run anti-virus. Diagnostics
finds nothing wrong. The PC operates just fine but the slow clock is a
concern. Is this an indication that the PC is dying? Any suggestions?

dos

Time will tell ;-)

"Befuddled person" <Noemail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Preasrio 7360, running Win98SE, loses time. I have replaced the CMOS
> battery, scanned with AdAware, SpyBot and run anti-virus. Diagnostics
> finds nothing wrong. The PC operates just fine but the slow clock is a
> concern. Is this an indication that the PC is dying? Any suggestions?

hh

Tacky, doS, real tacky....;8=)

HH

In article <41d150e8.86602327@news.rcn.com>, Befuddled person
<Noemail@nospam.com> writes
>Preasrio 7360, running Win98SE, loses time. I have replaced the CMOS
>battery, scanned with AdAware, SpyBot and run anti-virus. Diagnostics
>finds nothing wrong. The PC operates just fine but the slow clock is a
>concern. Is this an indication that the PC is dying? Any suggestions?

Loosing a few seconds to about a minute a day is perfectly normal. The
Real Time Clock is not very accurate. On the other hand loosing hours a
day is not normal.

If you need to be very accurate there are tools around to access time
servers. I use Dimension 4 from www.thinkman.com
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"