Flash motherboard (Intel version) for Dimension

Hunter

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

has anyone used the Intel motherboard BIOS updates ?

I have a Dimension 4100 which according to Aida32.exe is using an
Intel DN813EE motherboard and Intel (while having discontinued
support) does still provide a flash/express BIOS update on their
download page

how does this Intel Flash differ from those offered by Dell directly?
the last BIOS from Dell for Dimension 4100 was version A11

Intel download page also does not match precisely the same MB, they
list a dual version for DN813EE2 but I don't know what the "2" means
in this context

dell motherboards aren't the same as intel retail motherboards. you do so
at your own risk. if you want to risk screwing up your bios go ahead and
let us know how it goes or doesn't go whatever the case may be.

what is in the intel bios that you need anyway?