Wireless connection to work

Hi,

I have just brought a Netgear WGR614 to use to connect ot the internet
wirelessly with my in-built card with the laptop.

However, i can not establish a connection. I can use the router to browse
the internet using the wires but the whole point was to do it wirelessly.

This is what i am presented with with the wireless connection screen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/danall2/1.jpg

As you can see, i can see the connection is there as the blue ring is around
the connection. However, to get it to do this i have to open up the connectin
and click on refresh. Then once done that is the screen i am presented with.
But i can not get the connection to move to the part above.

Any help or advice on how to do this and what to do??

Thanks,

Daniel
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless connection work

    You may want to ask your questions of Netgear support. This newsgroup
    supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "danielke" <danielke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just brought a Netgear WGR614 to use to connect ot the internet
    > wirelessly with my in-built card with the laptop.
    >
    > However, i can not establish a connection. I can use the router to browse
    > the internet using the wires but the whole point was to do it wirelessly.
    >
    > This is what i am presented with with the wireless connection screen:
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/danall2/1.jpg
    >
    > As you can see, i can see the connection is there as the blue ring is
    > around
    > the connection. However, to get it to do this i have to open up the
    > connectin
    > and click on refresh. Then once done that is the screen i am presented
    > with.
    > But i can not get the connection to move to the part above.
    >
    > Any help or advice on how to do this and what to do??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Daniel

    This newsgroup is only for the Microsoft broadband networking hardware
    not networking in general. I'd suggest either posting in a newsgroup
    about the hardware you are using, a general networking newsgroup, or one
    about the version of Windows you are running.

    danielke wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just brought a Netgear WGR614 to use to connect ot the internet
    > wirelessly with my in-built card with the laptop.
    >
    > However, i can not establish a connection. I can use the router to browse
    > the internet using the wires but the whole point was to do it wirelessly.
    >
    > This is what i am presented with with the wireless connection screen:
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/danall2/1.jpg
    >
    > As you can see, i can see the connection is there as the blue ring is around
    > the connection. However, to get it to do this i have to open up the connectin
    > and click on refresh. Then once done that is the screen i am presented with.
    > But i can not get the connection to move to the part above.
    >
    > Any help or advice on how to do this and what to do??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Daniel

    Sorry :(

    I did not know. I did however think it may be a problem with some settings
    in windows and not jusyt the router. Windows seems to be picking the router
    up but not connecting to it by wirelessly.

    Daniel

    "joker" wrote:

    > This newsgroup is only for the Microsoft broadband networking hardware
    > not networking in general. I'd suggest either posting in a newsgroup
    > about the hardware you are using, a general networking newsgroup, or one
    > about the version of Windows you are running.
    >
    > danielke wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have just brought a Netgear WGR614 to use to connect ot the internet
    > > wirelessly with my in-built card with the laptop.
    > >
    > > However, i can not establish a connection. I can use the router to browse
    > > the internet using the wires but the whole point was to do it wirelessly.
    > >
    > > This is what i am presented with with the wireless connection screen:
    > >
    > > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/danall2/1.jpg
    > >
    > > As you can see, i can see the connection is there as the blue ring is around
    > > the connection. However, to get it to do this i have to open up the connectin
    > > and click on refresh. Then once done that is the screen i am presented with.
    > > But i can not get the connection to move to the part above.
    > >
    > > Any help or advice on how to do this and what to do??
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Daniel

    Your router may not be set to broadcast SSID -- and that's
    why is not showing up (this is not a problem for many wifi
    cards, anyway), or the wireless may be disabled on the
    router. You probably need to verify the wireless
    configuration on the router and/or on the properties button
    on the dialog that you posted.

    I would look on the router first, and disable WEP until
    everything else is working. Then check the TCP/IP
    properties for your wifi card (on etwork Connections) -- it
    should be set to obtain a dynamic IP frim the "server."
    Once you get the wireless network working add WEP.

    Again, like everybody said, NetGear probably knows exactly
    what to do. This newsgroups is about the MS wireless
    adapters -- not even Windows. Sorry about that.

Routers Wireless Connection Internet Networking