Memory for Dell Optiplex GN+

Hi have an old Dell Optiplex GN+ Model DC8 which has 64MB of memory in
it running as a Linux server.

I'd like put another 64MB in it but I'm having trouble finding out where
to get memory for it. The model is listed on crucial.com but it tells me
memory isn't available because "it may require proprietary or
non-standard parts".

So, can anyone tell me what type of memory I need and where I can get
it. I'm based in the UK, so a UK supplier would be preferable.

Thanks

Matt

Craig

"Matt Jones" <matt_jones@XSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi have an old Dell Optiplex GN+ Model DC8 which has 64MB of memory in
> it running as a Linux server.
>
> I'd like put another 64MB in it but I'm having trouble finding out where
> to get memory for it. The model is listed on crucial.com but it tells me
> memory isn't available because "it may require proprietary or
> non-standard parts".
>
> So, can anyone tell me what type of memory I need and where I can get
> it. I'm based in the UK, so a UK supplier would be preferable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

I don't know if this is the best price
http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=2118&ft=M&st=1

Craig

"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.naspam.net> writes:

> "Matt Jones" <matt_jones@XSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi have an old Dell Optiplex GN+ Model DC8 which has 64MB of memory in
>> it running as a Linux server.
>>
>> I'd like put another 64MB in it but I'm having trouble finding out where
>> to get memory for it. The model is listed on crucial.com but it tells me
>> memory isn't available because "it may require proprietary or
>> non-standard parts".
>>
>> So, can anyone tell me what type of memory I need and where I can get
>> it. I'm based in the UK, so a UK supplier would be preferable.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Matt
>
> I don't know if this is the best price
> http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=2118&ft=M&st=1
>
> Craig

Thanks Craig. That does seem a bit pricey. But it's reassuring that I can
still get memory for this computer.

Matt

The memory isn't all that special, but you do need to
know if it's parity or not.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dthred/Specs.htm#Memory

Matt Jones wrote:
> Hi have an old Dell Optiplex GN+ Model DC8 which has 64MB of memory in
> it running as a Linux server.
>
> I'd like put another 64MB in it but I'm having trouble finding out
> where to get memory for it. The model is listed on crucial.com but it
> tells me memory isn't available because "it may require proprietary or
> non-standard parts".
>
> So, can anyone tell me what type of memory I need and where I can get
> it. I'm based in the UK, so a UK supplier would be preferable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Have you went to Dell's site and query'd on your tag number of your pc?
It will give you a complete rundown of your pc.
It will even give you part numbers.
Ram is dirt cheap so I'd recommend that you upgrade to at least 256mb or
512mb.
You can never have enough ram....