Sign in with
Your question

Laptop help please.

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 24, 2010 1:34:52 AM

Hey folks, I've been trying to figure out if its possible to get a laptop for a max (599.99 shipped) to do the following things;

I'd like to play some games on it, not looking to run cysis on ultra but say maybe dawn of war 2 well as a benchmark.

I'd also like to use it to record some gameplay footage from my console's.

I dont know if the second one is even possible on a laptop but I'm kinda throwing my dream laptop out there - heh.

I appreciate any advice and opinions as I'm not very computer savy.

Thanks everyone!

-edit sorry should have read the sticky first!

1_What is your budget?

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I still use a 15" monitor so I guess that size would be fine.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

xxxx X 720 is really all I'm looking for.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I'd like it to be portable.

5_How much battery life do you need?

I'd say I'd be happy with about 3ish.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Dawn of War 2, Diablo 2 and 3, Starcraft 2. Medium

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

I'd like to record footage from my console's occasionaly, also maybe watching having it play a movie on my nightstand while I go to sleep would be fantastic.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Since id be recording video I guess the bigger the better.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Well I have a amazon card and prime membership. I've used New Egg before and always liked them. No true preference or allegiance.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as it could browse all the of the tube sites, play movies and record video, I'm happy.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

I dont need bluray but would like the option of burning cds/dvds but to be honest Id probably use my desktop for that.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

The only 2 brands I'm not a fan of are HP and Gateway, my family has had horrible experiences with both.

13_What country do you live in?

I live in the US, Massachusetts to be exact, reason I say that is I'm near New Hampshire which has no tax. So if its something at a bestbuy or walmart or something I could always go pick one up there.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

The 599.99 is what I'd like to be spending however please please please let me know if I'm no where near the ballpark, if so let me know the range I should be looking at.

Thanks for all your help!

More about : laptop

February 24, 2010 5:37:42 PM

...Bueller...bueller...bueller...
February 25, 2010 12:22:07 AM

48 views and 0 replies...???
!