unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
What is happening at AMD ?
They put an XP3200+ at higher price then an Intel 3.0 FSB800 which has been tested to be a lot faster then the AMD counter part. I remember AMD was saying "Better performances at same cost". Now the same phrase applys to Intel. So AMD can say "worse perfomances at higher cost"

______________________ <font color=red>A straight line never ends……………….until it comes up against a vicious circle</font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
That is because resellers are rapping the hell out of that chip, especially the 333 fsb one. Once they realize their mistake, the prices will fall. The same thing happened whent the 3000 chip came out when it was more than the p43ghz competitor. AMD is screwing up their marketing stance, trying to make people believe that thier chips outperform intells when that is not the truth by a long shot. They need to focus on making the chips more affordable as their marketing stance and quit competing with intell untill they make chips that have the same true speeds as intels. You take a 2800 chip which has a clock speed of 2ghz but the truth is that the chip doesnt constantly perform like a p4 2.8ghz but "can" perform "up to" a p4 2.8 ghz. My P4 2.5 ghz chip smokes my xp 3000 chip in almost in every test.