I cannot search from IE6 toolbar no more

August 22, 2005 9:22:03 AM

in the beginning i was able to type a word in the toolbar and a search will
begin. now after i encounterd accoona and instantly removed it i can't
search from the toolbar any more all i get is this: http:///?%20horse
"invalid syntax error"
I tried everything that i could think of except uninstalling ie6 and then
reinstall. trying to avoid that part. any help out there i would really
appreciate it.
steven

More about : search ie6 toolbar

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:06:11 PM

Steven,

This is caused by missing/corrupt URLSearchHooks.

Download and apply this registry fix:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/RepairDefaultPrefix.reg

Additionally, scan your system for Malware:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User