I cannot search from IE6 toolbar no more

in the beginning i was able to type a word in the toolbar and a search will
begin. now after i encounterd accoona and instantly removed it i can't
search from the toolbar any more all i get is this: http:///?%20horse
"invalid syntax error"
I tried everything that i could think of except uninstalling ie6 and then
reinstall. trying to avoid that part. any help out there i would really
appreciate it.
steven
1 answer Last reply
More about search toolbar more

    Steven,

    This is caused by missing/corrupt URLSearchHooks.

    Download and apply this registry fix:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/RepairDefaultPrefix.reg

    Additionally, scan your system for Malware:
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "steven cowboy" <steven cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > in the beginning i was able to type a word in the toolbar and a search
    > will
    > begin. now after i encounterd accoona and instantly removed it i can't
    > search from the toolbar any more all i get is this: http:///?%20horse
    > "invalid syntax error"
    > I tried everything that i could think of except uninstalling ie6 and then
    > reinstall. trying to avoid that part. any help out there i would really
    > appreciate it.
    > steven

Microsoft IE6 Windows XP