Vista questions

Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?

Why did the remove the new file system?

Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
unity on Vista?

Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?

What are the hardware and memory requirements?

Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
you have to reactive?

Can you run any old dos programs?

Greg Ro
19 answers Last reply
More about vista questions

    GregRo wrote:
    > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?

    To piss you off.

    > Why did the remove the new file system?

    Because MS database technology is inherently susceptible to corruption.

    > Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    > unity on Vista?

    What you can run today on Beta 1 may not reflect what will be possible
    with RTM.

    > Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?

    "s" "h" and "c" "d"

    What they have in common is the "m"

    > What are the hardware and memory requirements?

    A matter/antimatter injector

    > Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
    > you have to reactive?

    LOL! You won't be able to change any hardware if you are reactive to
    pharmaceutical meds.

    > Can you run any old dos programs?

    Sure, if you dual boot DOS.

    > Greg Ro

    Greg'ry Ro'd a boat ashore, hallelujah!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    "kurttrail" wrote:

    > GregRo wrote:
    > > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?
    >
    > To piss you off.
    >
    > > Why did the remove the new file system?
    >
    > Because MS database technology is inherently susceptible to corruption.
    >
    > > Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    > > unity on Vista?
    >
    > What you can run today on Beta 1 may not reflect what will be possible
    > with RTM.
    >
    > > Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?
    >
    > "s" "h" and "c" "d"
    >
    > What they have in common is the "m"
    >
    > > What are the hardware and memory requirements?
    >
    > A matter/antimatter injector
    >
    > > Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
    > > you have to reactive?
    >
    > LOL! You won't be able to change any hardware if you are reactive to
    > pharmaceutical meds.
    >
    > > Can you run any old dos programs?
    >
    > Sure, if you dual boot DOS.
    >
    > > Greg Ro
    >
    > Greg'ry Ro'd a boat ashore, hallelujah!

    Greg

    Vista has only recently been released in beta 1 form..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "GregRo" <webworm11@lycosy.com> wrote in message
    > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?
    >
    > Why did the remove the new file system?
    >
    > Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    > unity on Vista?
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?
    >
    > What are the hardware and memory requirements?
    >
    > Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
    > you have to reactive?
    >
    > Can you run any old dos programs?
    >

    > Greg Ro

    Hello,

    Microsoft Windows Vista
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista

    Microsoft Windows Vista Developer Center
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista

    You can get all the answers to your questions there.
    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Vista
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Vista Developer Center
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista
    >
    > You can get all the answers to your questions there.

    Really, so I will be able to find out the date the Sun will go Supernova
    there?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Seems not even Microsoft's own MVP's know anything about their software.
    Because if they did they would answer questions and not post links to Vista
    promotional sites that really only pump up the public about its impending
    arrival and say nothing of its technical aspects. I got more incite here
    from non MVP's.... isn't that just a little scary?

    > Greg
    >
    > Vista has only recently been released in beta 1 form..

    Nobody even asked anything related to this question, plus it wasn't even
    NAMED Vista till it it was a Beta so you answered somthing everyone already
    knew. Bottom line if you want some asnwers go to ANY torrent tracker and
    download yourself a copy of the Beta. It will only work for 14 days but I'm
    sure you can find a crack to override that. Good Luck!

    Authorized Microsoft beta testers are bound by a non-disclosure agreement
    pertaining to a public discussion of Microsoft beta software. Now you know!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > Authorized Microsoft beta testers are bound by a non-disclosure
    > agreement pertaining to a public discussion of Microsoft beta
    > software. Now you know!

    In the non-disclosure agreement, does it specifically allow you to
    disclose the the non-disclosure agreement, or are you breaking it by
    revealing the agreement?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    ESI

    If you knew anything about beta programs, you would also know that the final
    versions are often nothing like the beta.. we all have to wait and see
    depending upon the results of the beta test results..

    It will run on an x86 computer, and it will load elements depending upon the
    abilities of the local computer.. and as long as 'peripheral' manufacturers
    produce drivers, most if not all hardware devices should work ok..

    It will not be released 'retail' until some point in 2006, so I see little
    point in the general public worrying too much about it presently.. suffice
    to say that it is the next incarnation of Microsoft Windows..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    message news:eZ1F55xpFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
    > Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Microsoft Windows Vista
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista
    >>
    >> Microsoft Windows Vista Developer Center
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista
    >>
    >> You can get all the answers to your questions there.
    >
    > Really, so I will be able to find out the date the Sun will go
    > Supernova there?

    You don't need to go to that site.
    Everyone knows the answer is 42 don't they?

    "GregRo" <webworm11@lycosy.com> wrote in message
    > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?
    It isn't really new. It is an update.

    > Why did the remove the new file system?
    Perhaps they can't get it to work correctly all of the time?
    Jim

    > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?

    Because Win 95 and up to ME was not good enough and you all by yourself decided to use XP. Did you ask back then. Evolution is the word

    > Why did the remove the new file system?

    So you can ask and get no answer untill when you will Upgrade as always

    > Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    > unity on Vista?

    Can you on XP?

    > Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?

    Can you between DOS and CMD

    > What are the hardware and memory requirements?

    Did you ask when XP was in Beta?

    > Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
    > you have to reactive?

    See the above Question

    > Can you run any old dos programs?

    Do you still have games from the old Commodore

    --
    Peter

    So, you got more incite here. Very interesting.

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Monday 22 August 2005 06:14 am, GregRo had this to
    say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > Why is Microsoft creating a new operating system?

    So that they can make more money off the Wintards who will be lining up the
    night before it is released with their VISA cards in hand.

    > Why did the remove the new file system?

    Maybe because they just couldn't figure out how to get it working properly
    before 2015?

    > Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    > unity on Vista?

    You're kidding, right? Can you run those games on 98? XP? If so, why do you
    care whether Vista will run them? Do you even know why you think you need
    to concern yourself with this?

    > Can anyone tell me the difference between msh and cmd?

    One starts with an "m" and the other with a "c". Of course, other letters
    have been changed just to help keep you confused.

    > What are the hardware and memory requirements?

    Think BIG! Think spending more money. Think how MickeyMouse and the computer
    manufacturers are in bed together fleecing the general public. Once you've
    got your mind focused in that direction and on that simple reality, you'll
    see that the requirements will be more than what most people have now.

    > Is Microsoft going to more or less strict on hardware changes before
    > you have to reactive?

    Is the Pope Catholic? Is your pee yellow when you piss on the snow?

    > Can you run any old dos programs?

    I'm sure you can. Much of the underpinnings of Vista (better known in the
    computer world as "Curtains") must still contain alot of DOS code.

    > Greg Ro

    Is this the end of your silly questions? If not, throw out more and you'll
    continue to get many answers here.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:05:16 GMT, NoStop <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote:

    >> Can anyone run the sega cd or the star trek the next generation final
    >> unity on Vista?
    >>
    >You're kidding, right? Can you run those games on 98? XP? If so, why do you
    >care whether Vista will run them? Do you even know why you think you need
    >to concern yourself with this?

    Those two are my favorite games. Even through I beat Star trek. I
    still like to playing it same with sega. I fixed up an old Compaq
    deskpro ep500 that I was given. Has windows 98se. I even bought
    ess1868 isa sound card so I could play that game from dos.
    To awhile to get the correct drivers for 98se. It worked.

    I also having another favorite game called pinball mania.

    None of those game except sonic cd with a patch will not work on xp
    system.

    Greg Ro

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:05:16 GMT, NoStop <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote:

    Disregaurd the last post. I didn't relize I was replying to kurttrail

    Greg Ro

    GregRo wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:05:16 GMT, NoStop <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote:
    >
    > Disregaurd the last post. I didn't relize I was replying to kurttrail
    >
    > Greg Ro

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Beauregard that last post, NoStop! GregDoh didn't realized that I
    chanelled you, or you channeled me, or something like that!

    --

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:14:55 -0500, GregRo <webworm11@lycosy.com>
    wrote:

    >Can you run any old dos programs?

    If you need to run old dos programs I am sure DosBox will be ported
    eventually:
    http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

    Alpha

    The word is insight..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Alpha" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    > So, you got more incite here. Very interesting.

Microsoft Windows Vista Windows XP