What gonna happen to prescott?

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
That site is either in japanese or chinese (I didn't bother to look carefully and distinguish).

Anyway, what do you mean with this post? Is it something like "Prescott will be defeated"?

You don't see any point in buying Prescott?...

You know what, I don't see any point in answering to your post. You have to get down to reality. There is no way anyone can guarantee an easy life for A64. Or for prescott, for that matter. Are you so sure A64 can beat Prescott in the 80% that is 32-bit, of all software, by early 2004? And are you sure AMD is capable of spreading x86-64 around?
And then intel fan's will bow down to Intel like dog's :X...
You know, it's like <i>Immanuel Kant</i> once said, "prejudices are the guidelines for the unthinking multitude". Think about this. I don't bow like a dog, by the way. You shouldn't hate either.

<font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
His point is: AMD is doing interesting stuff, and A64 might be dual-CPU capable... I guess. I couldn't read anything of what he linked to, it's all in some asiatic alphabet!

Anyway, from that point on, he said that "there'd be no reason to buy prescott because of this", which I consider to be a premature "AMD-WINS" sign. It's too early to tell, really.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Till both chips come out, exactly.

And not only that, but, because there's a software transition at hand there, we may need even more time to ascertain the consequences of x86-64 and compare to prescott.

sabbath1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
EDIT: I don't see any points buying pressie's now except...

...that it will be outperforming the Athlon 64.

And then intel fan's will bow down to Intel like dog's :X...

That attitude won't take you anywhere, believe me. I was not exactly proud of myself back when I felt like a fanboy.

My system: Intel Pentium 4 3.0, 800FSB / TwinMOS 1Gb DDR400 / MSI *argh* / Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro / Antec True Power 550W / 2x Western Digital Raptor / Hercules G.T XP /
SamsungDVD / Lite-On CDRW

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
That attitude won't take you anywhere, believe me.
I most certainly agree! This will only make people look at you in a strange way... So take it easy! :smile: Anyway... sabbath... you <i>felt</i> like a fanboy?... Ooo, that doesn't sound very good...

sabbath1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
Ok, yeah I'm a bit tired so I guess I overreacted. But I remember how stubborn I was a while back, so when I see this behavior on others, I get kinda...bothered. :smile:

My system: Intel Pentium 4 3.0, 800FSB / TwinMOS 1Gb DDR400 / MSI *argh* / Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro / Antec True Power 550W / 2x Western Digital Raptor / Hercules G.T XP /
SamsungDVD / Lite-On CDRW

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Dunno bout you but i find the following news a bit disturbing, especially for those wanting to follow an upgrade path...

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10438" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10438</A>
This is one rumor i hope isnt true (or ends up like PAT, where intel said no but all the mobo makers did it anyway.)

<b>My CPU is so powerful it can think faster than George Bush</b> :eek:

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
jeeeeeezzzzzz......I hate these posts...especially when the link is in another language...ugh...

I say we all get zilog Z-80's...who needs 32bit anyways?

There is no smell better than fried silicon :evil: