Find/delete hotkey for shortcut assigned to program

shmor

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
when I <ctrl>B in WORDS 2010 I don't get what I should - i.e. bold font typing - but some unclear (to me) response. How do I restore the original function of <ctrl>B?

shmor

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

Tnx. It indeed gives a complete list of WORD shortcuts and other useful info, but somehow I couldn't find there the requested reply...

shmor

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
It is indeed helpful in assigning shortcut keys in WORD. However this didn't help in my case. It appearsas as if <ctrl>B shortcut assigned by WORD is ignored or overuled by a program with higher priority, or something like this.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Let's try to find out whether the issue only affects Word:

Open up WordPad and type out some text. Select a portion of the text and hit Ctrl+B. If it works and makes the text bold, then you know the issue is only affects Word. Otherwise we can determine that it affects the entire system and go on from there.

shmor

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
<ctrl>B in word pad doesn't work either (ie it leaves the text unchanged). However at difference from WORD, it doesn't have any other side effects.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hmmm, interesting. Is there any software that you installed just before this started happening? Some programs can set a certain key combination to start that specific program. For example, if you right click on a shortcut to some program, if you go to properties you can click on the "shortcut" box and define some key combination to start that program by pressing the desired key combination.