Setting Console Window Properties

I have a user running XP Professional SR2. All of the .exe files running
from her desktop open the same size console window, which for some programs
is much too small to see the program options. We are unable to change the
console window size. When we right-click on the Properties option on title
bar we don’t get the Layout tab to alter window size. We have set the
default Command Prompt layout size to a larger format, but it doesn’t seem to
have any effect on the existing programs. We’ve also rebuilt the shortcuts
to these programs but they still don’t allow Layout mods. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Check registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console. If you customize a console
window and save settings, there will be subkey under that registry key. So
you can either edit those settings or remove that subkey. If you remove the
subkey, the console will then use default settings from parent key. When I
customized console prompt, I first customized one console windows and
checked what settings windows stored. Then I copied desired settings to
parent key and deleted the sub key. Now all my console windows are using
same settings just as I wanted.