Hijack This Question ...

Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this forum. Is
there a
good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and advised
on?
Thanks ....
16 answers Last reply
More about hijack question

    Van wrote:

    > Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this forum.
    > Is there a
    > good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and
    > advised on?
    > Thanks ....

    Sure, here are links for various forums where experts will be glad to
    help you. Pick one of the sites and read their posting FAQ first.

    http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42 -
    another tutorial
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
    http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
    forum
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Van <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this forum. Is
    |>there a
    |>good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and advised
    |>on?
    |>Thanks ....

    You can paste it here http://hijackthis.de/en
    and get results.

    Thanks for the great advise, everyone .......

    "Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov" wrote:

    > Van <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > |>Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this forum. Is
    > |>there a
    > |>good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and advised
    > |>on?
    > |>Thanks ....
    >
    > You can paste it here http://hijackthis.de/en
    > and get results.
    >
    > --
    >
    > http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php

    Ok .... I ran Hijack This ... clicked on "scan and save logfile". But when I
    try to open saved log file, I get the Dr Watson window saying "No defects
    detected". I can not copy and past log file either ... Am I doing something
    wrong?
    Thanks

    Van wrote:
    > Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this
    > forum. Is there a
    > good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and
    > advised on?
    > Thanks ....

    http://hijackthis.de/

    And if you want an unreliable answer, just email your log to pcButthead.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Van wrote:

    > Ok .... I ran Hijack This ... clicked on "scan and save logfile". But
    > when I try to open saved log file, I get the Dr Watson window saying
    > "No defects detected". I can not copy and past log file either ... Am
    > I doing something wrong?
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Van" wrote:
    >
    >> Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this
    >> forum. Is there a
    >> good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and
    >> advised on?
    >> Thanks ....

    Are you copying HijackThis to your hard drive in its own folder? If not,
    that is why you are having problems. Make a new folder on your desktop
    (where it is easy to find) called HJT or the like. Put the HJT
    executable in there. Run HJT from within that folder.

    http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42 -
    another tutorial

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    There are many sites. I have used http://www.winguides.com/forums. You have
    to register before sending messages to forums.

    "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Many times I have seen people recommending "Hjack This" in this forum. Is
    > there a
    > good, truthworthy site for getting the resulting log looked at and advised
    > on?
    > Thanks ....

    You can post it here in this group.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > You can post it here in this group.

    Only if you want a reputation as bad as pcButtheads.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Post it here when you get it working. Those automatic analysis sites are not
    too good.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Post it here when you get it working. Those automatic analysis sites
    > are not too good.

    ROFL! IOW, "I'm too dumb to help you get it working, but I'm smart
    enough to decipher the log once you get it working!"

    If you can't help him to get it working, then you really have no
    business trying to decipher the log.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    He was already told how to get it working, why repeat it. I'm sorry you are
    too dense to understand that.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > He was already told how to get it working, why repeat it.

    Because the OP might not see it. CDO isn't the most reliable reader.

    > I'm sorry
    > you are too dense to understand that.

    Smart enough to understand that you would be the last person to trust to
    decipher a HJT log.

    --

    In article <dxrOe.145$5k1.85@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > You can post it here in this group.

    NO YOU CAN'T - this is not a HJ group - there are plenty of places to
    post HJ logs and this is not one of them.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <dxrOe.145$5k1.85@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >
    >>You can post it here in this group.
    >

    > NO YOU CAN'T - this is not a HJ group - there are plenty of places to
    > post HJ logs and this is not one of them.

    Sure you can, you'll just get flamed for it.

    Steve

    Steve N. wrote:
    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    >> In article <dxrOe.145$5k1.85@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    >> @seedsv.com says...
    >>
    >>> You can post it here in this group.
    >>

    >> NO YOU CAN'T - this is not a HJ group - there are plenty of places to
    >> post HJ logs and this is not one of them.
    >>

    > Sure you can, you'll just get flamed for it.
    >
    > Steve

    LOL! Or worse. You'll get compared to pcButtwipe. ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator