P4 2.8 Ghz HSF?

FartComa

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2003
I'm getting the 2.8 ghz FSB...i assume the heat sink and fan that comes with it totally sucks...does anybody have a suggested HSF to get?

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
i assume the heat sink and fan that comes with it totally sucks...
Will you be overclocking or what?... Aside from maybe being a bit loud, I was under the impression that the heat sink and fan were acceptable... Could be wrong, of course... :smile:

<font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I think you are mistaken. I've heard on MANY occasions that the stock hsf on the 2.8c should easily be able to safely oc to 3.2. Remember individual cases may vary.

--

"<i>I'm seriously you guys.</i>" - Cartman

ryzbre_x

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
My understanding is that the stock HSF does an adequate job of cooling, but is a bit on the loud side. It really wouldn't make sense if Intel packaged a HSF that wasn't up to their Thermal Spec's...

If you want a quiet HSF, the Zalmann CNPS7000-Cu or a Thermalright SLK-900-U (no fan included) are both nice, but you should make sure it will fit on your mobo before you drop $50 for either of them.

FartComa

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2003
I guess I don't plan on OCing..
like, they dont ship them with subpar cooling, but if you can remove any chance of failure due to high temperature, and increase performance (the cooler the proc is running the better it performs, and longer it lasts) for 20-40 USD, why not?

But if it is pretty damn efficient then yeah, i guess i probably should stick with what it comes with...i dunno

YYZ_Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003
P4's cannot fail due to temperature increase. Their clocksetting feature eliminates this. The stock HSF is fine for your desired application.

If you havent smoked up at least one component of your system, you havent pushed hard enough!!!