WIN XP Home OEM setup having issues

Hi, I've posted before about having installation issues with WIN XP
Home OEM off of the disc. Basically, I've found that it got farther
installing the disc with my version of windows (WIN 98 SE) running
than from the CD boot of the WIN XP disc itself.

The problem is that usually the setup process gives me the "Starting
Windows Setup" splash screen and then it gives up. I almost always
have to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the screen. Any suggestions to make the
setup go a little more smoothly?

The most I have had it go on the setup from WIN 98 SE (the progress)
is to where the cd is copying files over to the harddrive to
continue, and then it gave up there as well.

Please help.

Sounds like you have a hardware issue...is there anymore details you can give??

Roger

"noizyme" wrote:

> Hi, I've posted before about having installation issues with WIN XP
> Home OEM off of the disc. Basically, I've found that it got farther
> installing the disc with my version of windows (WIN 98 SE) running
> than from the CD boot of the WIN XP disc itself.
>
> The problem is that usually the setup process gives me the "Starting
> Windows Setup" splash screen and then it gives up. I almost always
> have to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the screen. Any suggestions to make the
> setup go a little more smoothly?
>
> The most I have had it go on the setup from WIN 98 SE (the progress)
> is to where the cd is copying files over to the harddrive to
> continue, and then it gave up there as well.
>
> Please help.

dl

You have a hardware problem.
Did it ever work?