Browser hangs when loading page...

August 22, 2005 2:50:05 PM

I have Windows XP that has just been formatted and reinstalled...and when I
go to browse in either IE or Firefox...7 out of 10 times I go to load a web
page (not any particular page, it seems to be non-discriminatory) it will
hang about half way loading the page...so If I hit the stop button (whether
it's been 5 minutes or 5 seconds)...it pops up the rest of the page!!!! So I
didn't know if anyone was aware of anything in particular that was related to
this kind of behavior!!!!?? And like I said...it is a BRAND NEW format and
install of XP SP2 so It can't have viruses/spyware!!!!

I was using the firefox browser to compare and see if that fixed the
problem, but it didn't!!

Roger

More about : browser hangs loading page

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:28:05 PM

Hello....anybody out there!!!???

Roger
August 22, 2005 6:01:40 PM

rogval wrote:

> I have Windows XP that has just been formatted and reinstalled...and
> when I go to browse in either IE or Firefox...7 out of 10 times I go
> to load a web page (not any particular page, it seems to be
> non-discriminatory) it will hang about half way loading the page...so
> If I hit the stop button (whether it's been 5 minutes or 5
> seconds)...it pops up the rest of the page!!!! So I didn't know if
> anyone was aware of anything in particular that was related to this
> kind of behavior!!!!?? And like I said...it is a BRAND NEW format and
> install of XP SP2 so It can't have viruses/spyware!!!!

When you did the format/install, did you also install drivers for your
motherboard and network adapter?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

You know what...I did for the Ethernet, but It slipped my mind for the mobo
now that I think of it!!!!

I'll try that, thanks...
Roger

"Malke" wrote:

> rogval wrote:
>
> > I have Windows XP that has just been formatted and reinstalled...and
> > when I go to browse in either IE or Firefox...7 out of 10 times I go
> > to load a web page (not any particular page, it seems to be
> > non-discriminatory) it will hang about half way loading the page...so
> > If I hit the stop button (whether it's been 5 minutes or 5
> > seconds)...it pops up the rest of the page!!!! So I didn't know if
> > anyone was aware of anything in particular that was related to this
> > kind of behavior!!!!?? And like I said...it is a BRAND NEW format and
> > install of XP SP2 so It can't have viruses/spyware!!!!
> >

> When you did the format/install, did you also install drivers for your
> motherboard and network adapter?
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

October 2, 2011 6:13:24 PM

keep your system scanned for viruses i think its a virus case
!