Tags:
  • Security
  • Virus
  • Google Redirect
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 3, 2010 12:01:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. The problem lies within Google. Whenever I click on a search result, a new window comes up and visits many random websites. If I close the window immediately, and re-click the original search result, a new window will pop-up and displays the page I wanted.

I've done some searching and believe this is the Google Redirect Virus.

How do I get rid of it?! I've tried cleaning the registry, Ad-Aware, AVG, etc. I searched this forum and someone suggested runnning MalwareBytes - but their site is down.

Thanks in advance!

...AA

More about : google redirect virus

a b $ Windows 7
April 3, 2010 4:49:32 PM

If you can wait, wait until Malwarebyte's sites comes back online. Usually it takes care of most everything. I recommend running it in safe mode just to be sure to wipe out the redirect virus/malware.
m
l
Related resources
April 4, 2010 2:06:54 AM

Done! I did many scans today, but MalwareBytes was the one that got the job done. Thanks buwish and area51!
m
l
April 4, 2010 2:08:24 AM

Best answer selected by Airspeed-Alive.
m
l
April 4, 2010 11:45:39 AM

Ah - so I wake up this morning and try a search and it's back! I smell a OS reinstall coming up.
m
l
April 4, 2010 12:04:09 PM

AHHHH! When I click Submit Your Reply in this forum a google pop-up comes up. I think I smell a computer going out the window shortly :D 
m
l
a c 607 $ Windows 7
a b 8 Security
April 5, 2010 1:06:03 AM

your welcome!
m
l