Solved

Google Redirect Virus

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. The problem lies within Google. Whenever I click on a search result, a new window comes up and visits many random websites. If I close the window immediately, and re-click the original search result, a new window will pop-up and displays the page I wanted.

I've done some searching and believe this is the Google Redirect Virus.

How do I get rid of it?! I've tried cleaning the registry, Ad-Aware, AVG, etc. I searched this forum and someone suggested runnning MalwareBytes - but their site is down.

Thanks in advance!

...AA
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about google redirect virus
  1. If you can wait, wait until Malwarebyte's sites comes back online. Usually it takes care of most everything. I recommend running it in safe mode just to be sure to wipe out the redirect virus/malware.
  2. Best answer
  3. Done! I did many scans today, but MalwareBytes was the one that got the job done. Thanks buwish and area51!
  4. Best answer selected by Airspeed-Alive.
  5. Ah - so I wake up this morning and try a search and it's back! I smell a OS reinstall coming up.
  6. AHHHH! When I click Submit Your Reply in this forum a google pop-up comes up. I think I smell a computer going out the window shortly :D
  7. your welcome!
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Virus Google Redirect Windows 7