Batch question

Hello, All!
During batch run displays "Command completed Successfully" (not at the end).
Could not locate which program/line display this. Thanks for any replies.

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com
3 answers Last reply
More about batch question

    "Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote:

    >Hello, All!
    >During batch run displays "Command completed Successfully" (not at the end).
    >Could not locate which program/line display this. Thanks for any replies.
    >
    >With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

    Does the batch file use the CALL command? I seem to recall that this
    will produce that message.

    You could do an high intensity manual debugging of the patch file by
    inserting ECHO and PAUSE commands after each existing line of the
    batch file.

    (existing line 1)
    ECHO Line 1 processed
    PAUSE
    (existing line 2)
    ECHO Line 2 processed
    PAUSE

    and so forth.

    That will show you where this comment is originating.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Paste the .bat file in a message and post it.

    Command completed Successfully shows up for a lot of things.

    Just two examples...

    C:\>NET CONFIG
    The following running services can be controlled:

    Server
    Workstation

    The command completed successfully.

    C:\>net time /querysntp
    The current SNTP value is: time.nist.gov,0x1

    The command completed successfully.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%231OsPn0pFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Brother Brock <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello, All!
    > During batch run displays "Command completed Successfully" (not at the
    > end). Could not locate which program/line display this. Thanks for any
    > replies.
    >
    > With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

    Hello,
    Yes there is a call command and that's the one causing this command. Thanks
    for the replies.

    With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP