Windows 7 64bit unable to start after changing mobo and cpu

Insanest

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Sorry I wasn't sure if this is the right place to post this but this has been driving my crazy. I recently bought a new mobo and cpu and everything runs fine until I hit the welcome screen then after a few seconds it blue screens everytime. I'm able to skip the bluescreening if I start my computer in safe mode however. The only thing I can think of to note other than the errors themselves is that when it gets to the welcome screen it shows an asus background even though I recently switched to a gigabyte mobo. The error itself is stop: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000096, 0xFFFFF88003BBC332, 0xFFFFF88003FFCB30, 0x0000000000000000. I do have a few mini dumps saved and can upload them if needed. Basically I've tried reseating everything but apart from that I'm not sure what to do, I can't even properly install the debugging tools to read the mini dumps themselves. I'm pretty lost at this point and all or any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ninjamonkeh

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
DId you buy a retail copy of windows 7 or a OEM. My windows 7 is a OEM copy and is somehow locked to being installed to 1 mobo, after that youd need a new copy if you got a new Mobo. I have no idea how they track that, but something to look into.

Azteck

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I would say you have a driver problem. Go to your uninstall program and uninstall anything that is asus and possibly other drivers that you know were from the asus board. Do this in safe mode since you cant get on in regular mode. Usually when switching out boards you want to uninstall old board drivers first before switching boards out.
What operating system are you using also?
More info on the models of both boards?