MP3 Player Software Uninstallation

I bought a Dell system with XP. After upgrading(incl. new motherboard) the
already installed Nike Philips MP3 player "Digital Media Manager" software
wouldn't work. Nike/Philips sent me to Dell who sent me back to Nike/Philips
who then sent me to Microsoft who I have so far been unable to contact
successfully.Tried to uninstall software but received variety of errors,
incl. some Java ones. Eventually appeared to delete it but trying to
reinstall software always displays "Digital Media Manager already installed".
Have tried manually removing some Registry elements but I'm clearly missing
some. Does anyone know precisely which Registry elements I need to remove for
a complete manual uninstallation ?
3 answers Last reply
More about player software uninstallation

    If it hasn't been to long since you installed these programs just do a system
    restore.
    Foxhole

    "kagey" wrote:

    > I bought a Dell system with XP. After upgrading(incl. new motherboard) the
    > already installed Nike Philips MP3 player "Digital Media Manager" software
    > wouldn't work. Nike/Philips sent me to Dell who sent me back to Nike/Philips
    > who then sent me to Microsoft who I have so far been unable to contact
    > successfully.Tried to uninstall software but received variety of errors,
    > incl. some Java ones. Eventually appeared to delete it but trying to
    > reinstall software always displays "Digital Media Manager already installed".
    > Have tried manually removing some Registry elements but I'm clearly missing
    > some. Does anyone know precisely which Registry elements I need to remove for
    > a complete manual uninstallation ?

    Delete any Digital Media Folders in Hkey_Local_Machine\Software and
    HKey_Current_User\Software. Also delete
    the Folder in C:\Program Files. You can also look in
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run, Run Once etc. delete
    any entries there. Same in HKLM.

    Foxhole wrote:
    > If it hasn't been to long since you installed these programs just do a system
    > restore.
    > Foxhole
    >
    > "kagey" wrote:
    >

    >>I bought a Dell system with XP. After upgrading(incl. new motherboard) the
    >>already installed Nike Philips MP3 player "Digital Media Manager" software
    >>wouldn't work. Nike/Philips sent me to Dell who sent me back to Nike/Philips
    >>who then sent me to Microsoft who I have so far been unable to contact
    >>successfully.Tried to uninstall software but received variety of errors,
    >>incl. some Java ones. Eventually appeared to delete it but trying to
    >>reinstall software always displays "Digital Media Manager already installed".
    >>Have tried manually removing some Registry elements but I'm clearly missing
    >>some. Does anyone know precisely which Registry elements I need to remove for
    >>a complete manual uninstallation ?

    In regedit search for the words nike or philips (or the
    term Digital Media Manager. Also in Explorer look at the
    link in start menu for the launch of the application, and
    copy down the executables file name. Use that in search in
    regedit (F3 key moves to next item) -- remove the data only
    in the ActiveX section. Any main keys under
    Hkey_Classes_Root must be totally removed. These have the
    form Philips.xxx or Nike.xxx where xxx will be extensions
    handled. Other item removed will be under Applications in
    HKCR. Also in
    HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Paths
    Look for application name or its exe file name and remove.
    Refresh , Restart, remove appdata folders and application
    folders. Once these are removed then restart and reinstall
    that software.

    --
    Lester Stiefel
    In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Philips Software Nike Windows XP