Lawlor Orbits

natty

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005

Are there any Pat Lawlor designed games with orbit shots?
I like the orbit very much, but he doesn't seem to utilize it.
What's up with that?
-Nate

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

ES has an upper loop

WWind has orbits - left to right is fine, right to left is stopped in
the lower jets. Also an upper loop

TAF is same as WWind

TZ has both orbits, sometimes broken up by spiral magnets. This is as
close to full orbits as he got AFAIK.

Monopoly is similar to TAF and WWind

RCT has been blotted from my mind :)

Natty wrote:
> Are there any Pat Lawlor designed games with orbit shots?
> I like the orbit very much, but he doesn't seem to utilize it.
> What's up with that?
> -Nate

NGG,TZ,WW,TAF, etc. I thought most of his games have orbit shots of
some type.-DNO-

Natty wrote:
> Are there any Pat Lawlor designed games with orbit shots?
> I like the orbit very much, but he doesn't seem to utilize it.
> What's up with that?
> -Nate

NGG

Natty wrote:
> Are there any Pat Lawlor designed games with orbit shots?
> I like the orbit very much, but he doesn't seem to utilize it.
> What's up with that?
> -Nate

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

TheKorn wrote:
> lscott@dlptech.com wrote in news:1121123508.330043.6720
> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > TZ has both orbits, sometimes broken up by spiral magnets. This is as
> > close to full orbits as he got AFAIK.
>
> noooo, ed boon on a stick has _real_ orbits both ways. Gangway!!

Yeah can't believe I forgot FH... *AND* NGG :p (those orbits are
fun during cart attack)

NGG.

Knock yourself out!

--
Fred
TX

"Natty" <oldefortpub@hotmail.com> wrote ...

"Natty" <oldefortpub@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1121120996.333283.272500
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Are there any Pat Lawlor designed games with orbit shots?
> I like the orbit very much, but he doesn't seem to utilize it.
> What's up with that?

Sure. Ed Boon on a stick had them both ways. Gumball Machine did, kind
of. Nut rattler and Annoying Fan on Backbox both use an orbit-like shot.
And don't forget his last game, RIPleys!

lscott@dlptech.com wrote in news:1121123508.330043.6720
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> TZ has both orbits, sometimes broken up by spiral magnets. This is as
> close to full orbits as he got AFAIK.

noooo, ed boon on a stick has _real_ orbits both ways. Gangway!!

On 11 Jul 2005 19:59:25 -0700, "Jeff Palmer"
<bigshermantruck@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Lanes above bumpers-what about Monopoly and RBION?
>
>Jeff

banzai, sc, rct.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)