Sign in with
Your question

Computer Wont Start

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computer
Last response: in CPUs
July 16, 2003 6:14:59 PM

I recently bought my computer and put it together. The first three times it booted up but the bios had an error and had to be restarted. The fourth time the Bios failed to start and the computer did nothing. The graphics card checked out fine on my friends computer so I returned the mother board to the company but they called and said that it past all their test. The cpu looks fine so I don't think it was overheated. What could be the problem?
Heres what I have:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR nForce2 Athlon(XP)/Duron SktA DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail

MSI FX5600-VTDR128 AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI

Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB (WD1200BB Special Edition) 120GB EIDE ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200

Samsung SM352 DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo Drive

X-Pider Case with 420 Watt Power Supply

More about : computer wont start

July 16, 2003 6:26:44 PM

Sounds like a BIOS or CMOS problem. Have you tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version? Replacing the CMOS battery? What brand of PSU do you have? A good quality 350W beats a generic 430W anytime. Make sure its a quality PSU.

Could possibly be a RAM problem, but I doubt it.

Try booting up with just the CPU, RAM and video installed, see if it boots. Then try connecting other parts until it crashes out.

If I was as sexy as I was smart.....I'd still be ugly..DAMN :mad: 
**Finally made Newbie...HAPPY DANCE..HAPPY DANCE..**
!