Toshiba Satellite M45-S265

Status
Not open for further replies.

lylasia

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I have another laptop that is my sons. He brought it to me hoping I could fix it. It is a Toshiba Satellite M45-S265. When I turn it on, it shows a black screen and its asking for a password. This laptop belonged to my dad and I gave it to my son when my dad passed away, We have no idea what password the system is requesting. Can anyone offer a suggestion? We cannot get past this screen into bios or anything else and there are no disks with the laptop. Thanks, Lylasia

lylasia

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Thanks for the info. I did go to the link you suggested but when I downloaded the file, it would not open. Perhaps you have another suggestion? I am not working at this time and do not have any income. I suffered 2 strokes at the end of 2009 ans have been living with my 23 yr old daughter since. My son is only 20 and we just can't afford to send in the laptop. I went to school for 2 yrs learning how to build computers and I gained a lot of valuable info. Unfortunately, I went through an unexpected divorce and couldn't finish school due to stress. Anyway, I am willing to try to fix the laptop myself, and I actually find electronics fascinating and don't mind a challenge. I would really like to get my dad's laptop working again for my son. If you can think of anything else to try, please let me know. I am at lyasia@yahoo.com and you may e-mail me directly if you'd like. Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS