Google Desktop 2 beta

Je

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hey guys,
Google really rocks.

I have uninstalled MSN and Yahoo and live a new life with the new gds

Long Live Google!

Gordon

je wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Google really rocks.
>
> I have uninstalled MSN and Yahoo and live a new life with the new gds
>
> Long Live Google!

How much system resources does it take up?

Je

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On my system with 786 MBs of ram, it takes some 30-40 MBs. But the indexing
process is really noiseless. Task manager doesn't show any high CPU
consumption.

And the coolest feature is its rich side bar with the sliding ability. It
has many features such as slide show, stocks, weather forecast, latest news
and many others that you might no where else see even after Windows Vista is
shipped.
It also shows the search results as you type it. Much faster than MSNDS.
And, it wont add so many toolbars to your system!

Just give it a try!

je wrote:
> On my system with 786 MBs of ram, it takes some 30-40 MBs. But the
> indexing process is really noiseless. Task manager doesn't show any
> high CPU consumption.

Thanks - I will. (I've got 736 MB RAM so should be OK!)

je wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Google really rocks.
>
> I have uninstalled MSN and Yahoo and live a new life with the new gds

Is it compatible with NOD32 antivirus now?

--
*Riccardo Cretti* - ICQ 15927849
Get Firefox!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Have tried it, the sidebar rocks. But I still find that MSN Desktop Search
index faster (and you can customize where to search) in an obvious spot
unlike google. If MSNdeskto search adds a sidebar with similar features I
would use it. This product is something to look at