minstrel man

Hi all, Jay @ IPD told me about this site. Great place, glad to see
things are alive and well in the pinball world. Looks like you all help
each other a lot. Anyway I'm Bill an old friend of Jays (living in San
Diego) from when I collected pinballs "in the good ol days". Well after
years I'm back in the hobby. I realy missed it.
I guess most of you know about the first pin for my new collection now
that I'm back... The EBAY Minstrel Man. I wanted and waited for a
great game and this looked clean. Adding to my decision to go for it
was the fact that there was a good chance it would go to Europe, and
that just couldn't happen.
That reminds me, if any of you buyers from Europe are reading this, I'm
probably going to cost you lots of xtra Euros in the EBay bidding game.
The woodrails should stay here.
Just thought I'd say hi.
Bill

Hi Bill! Beauty game, nice score :) Welcome to RGP and post any helps
you can based on your years of experience :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

You should post a wanted list here, might be able to find some games before
ePay.

GRY

<coronadophoto@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, Jay @ IPD told me about this site. Great place, glad to see
> things are alive and well in the pinball world. Looks like you all help
> each other a lot. Anyway I'm Bill an old friend of Jays (living in San
> Diego) from when I collected pinballs "in the good ol days". Well after
> years I'm back in the hobby. I realy missed it.
> I guess most of you know about the first pin for my new collection now
> that I'm back... The EBAY Minstrel Man. I wanted and waited for a
> great game and this looked clean. Adding to my decision to go for it
> was the fact that there was a good chance it would go to Europe, and
> that just couldn't happen.
> That reminds me, if any of you buyers from Europe are reading this, I'm
> probably going to cost you lots of xtra Euros in the EBay bidding game.
> The woodrails should stay here.
> Just thought I'd say hi.
> Bill

Hello and welcome Bill. That is one sweet Minstrel Man you picked
up.I was also involved in the bidding.Out at $3400.I already have a
nice Minstrel Man andI know Raphael won't normally spend that much
anyway.Bidding blew right past me in the last few seconds. I've kept
quite a few woodrails from him and the Euro group.Aprox 80 machines
now.I really don't think most people realize how many woodrails are
leaving this country every week.I do my share,I'm glad to have
help.Wedgeheadjunky is also a big help.

Bill,FYI Steve Young at Pinball Resource has really nice repro drop
down targets.I'd get a set if I were you just to have.I did.He picked
them up from, I believe Sweden, so I don't know if they will ever again
be available.If you have any Questions on the Machine,or if you need
any info from my Minstrel Man,Let me know.Good luck with you're new
Machine,Walt

Hi all again, I use to deal with Steve Young many years ago. What's his
contact info??? He was a great guy to deal with. He use to let me use
him to get in early at the Chicago show. Let me recover and at least
have the Minstrel Man delevered and I'll try here first on what I'm
looking for next. I bought a ton of games in the past and my best tip
is to place wanted to buy ad's. This worked well. Got my '51 Knockout
in 9 condition for $50. Ya those were the days. '50 W. Hayburners
another $50. etc. Lots of games in garages not working with a wife
giving the husband a hard time about it. That's my advice from my old
collecting days.....
Bill

Walt wrote:
> Hello and welcome Bill. That is one sweet Minstrel Man you picked
> up.I was also involved in the bidding.Out at $3400.I already have a
> nice Minstrel Man andI know Raphael won't normally spend that much
> anyway.Bidding blew right past me in the last few seconds. I've kept
> quite a few woodrails from him and the Euro group.Aprox 80 machines
> now.I really don't think most people realize how many woodrails are
> leaving this country every week.I do my share,I'm glad to have
> help.Wedgeheadjunky is also a big help.
>
> Bill,FYI Steve Young at Pinball Resource has really nice repro drop
> down targets.I'd get a set if I were you just to have.I did.He picked
> them up from, I believe Sweden, so I don't know if they will ever again
> be available.If you have any Questions on the Machine,or if you need
> any info from my Minstrel Man,Let me know.Good luck with you're new
> Machine,Walt

Hey Bill,Here's Steves web site.It's best to fax him.He's not much for
e-mails and the phone is always busy.Fax him and he or Gloria will call
you back if they have any questions. www.pbresource.com Good luck,Walt