Sign in with
Your question

Monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 6, 2010 5:49:26 AM

Hey guys i have a princeton LCD monitor and it seems to work fine it just shows the monitor for a second then disipears and says the resolution and refresh rate it is runing

More about : monitor

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2010 9:29:31 AM

Sounds like the common power supply failure issue caused by faulty capacitors. It's a relatively simple, cheap, repair job as the capacitors often show leakage or bulging and can be replaced for pennies and with ease (if you have soldering skills).

Otherwise take it to a repair guy or a friend who can fix electronic stuff.
June 6, 2010 5:35:26 PM

the power supply in the monitor or computer?? because its not the computers power supply since im running 2 screens right now on the exact same computer the other monitor isnt running on.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2010 8:04:59 PM

The Monitor.
June 6, 2010 8:55:52 PM

ok i looked at the monitors and it is making a high pitched squeel but i broke it just now is there a way i can buy a new one??
June 6, 2010 9:00:51 PM

ok i looker at the monitors power supply and it is making a high pitched squeel but i broke it just now is there a way i can buy a new one?? is what i meant to say
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 7, 2010 8:01:05 AM

What did you break ? I did ask if you had soldering skills (I suppose I should have mentioned not being a klutz).

Your chances of buying a PSU for the unit are slim -- you might see if the PSU can still be fixed by a repair guy.
!