How to delete multiple boot choices

As pc boots, I have to choose between 3 XP's and one W2K. There is actually
only one XP installed. The others just don't want to go away..
3 answers Last reply
More about delete multiple boot choices

    Go to start>run and type in
    msconfig
    then hit okay, and click on the Boot ini. tab, look for the box that says
    'check all boot paths'
    click on that.

    "BOB" <BOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > As pc boots, I have to choose between 3 XP's and one W2K. There is
    > actually
    > only one XP installed. The others just don't want to go away..

    Go to System Properties\Advanced and Under Startup and Recovery section select the Settings button.When that Startup and Recovery opens select the Edit button and remove the unwanted OS'S there. Be careful you remove the ones that are not wanted. When finished Close out from there. You should have only the one XP OS showing on your next boot up

    --
    Peter

    "BOB" <BOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B3E3BE7-7C6F-4FCC-A497-0F14D5731EFE@microsoft.com...
    > As pc boots, I have to choose between 3 XP's and one W2K. There is actually
    > only one XP installed. The others just don't want to go away..

    "BOB" <BOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > As pc boots, I have to choose between 3 XP's and one W2K. There is
    > actually
    > only one XP installed. The others just don't want to go away..
    In msconfig, select the bootini tab. The select "verify all boot paths".

    Jim

Windows XP Boot Microsoft