How do you get the colon in there for the port? I am attempting to add a
port for a new workstation and i can't get the colon for the printer port:
192.168.1.14:print_700-800 (this is for a canon color printer and i see
that port on other workstations but i can't figure out how i got it there.
I am retiring now from this job and it is a good thing... charlie

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:31:44 -0500, "charles kuchar"
<charliekuchar@news.postalias> wrote:

>How do you get the colon in there for the port? I am attempting to add a
>port for a new workstation and i can't get the colon for the printer port:
>192.168.1.14:print_700-800 (this is for a canon color printer and i see
>that port on other workstations but i can't figure out how i got it there.
>I am retiring now from this job and it is a good thing... charlie

Select add new printer and the colon will appear automatically when
you identify the TCP/IP port you want to use.
--
John Perry

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk

Malke

John Perry wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:31:44 -0500, "charles kuchar"
> <charliekuchar@news.postalias> wrote:
>
>>How do you get the colon in there for the port? I am attempting to
>>add a port for a new workstation and i can't get the colon for the
>>printer port:
>>192.168.1.14:print_700-800 (this is for a canon color printer and i
>>see that port on other workstations but i can't figure out how i got
>>it there.
>>I am retiring now from this job and it is a good thing... charlie
>>
> Select add new printer and the colon will appear automatically when
> you identify the TCP/IP port you want to use.
> --
> John Perry

1. Add New Printer.
2. Install Local Printer.
3. Create New Port (choose TCP/IP)
4. TCP/IP printer wizard will start. Put in the IP address. Follow the
rest of the wizard.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hi Charles,

You may try John and Malke's suggestions, and also you may refer to the
following Microsoft Web site:

To add a standard TCP/IP port
<http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en
-us/print_add_tcpip_port.mspx>

To add a standard TCP/IP port
===================================
1. Open Printers and Faxes
2. Under Printer Tasks, click Add a printer to open the Add Printer Wizard,
and then click Next.
3. Click Local printer or stand-alone network printer, clear the
Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer check box, and
then click Next.
4. Click Create a new port, and then click Standard TCP/IP Port.
5. Click Next to run the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the TCP/IP
printer.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,