Eight Ball Overlay Photos

Thanks to all who helped me with my overlay questions. Special thanks to
Jesse for the Overlay Guide. It made the job easy and fun. I cut out the
shooter lane portion of the overlay as recommended and incorporated the
upside down "V" cut at the transition. I also located the transition below
the right gate in a hard to spot area. I'm happy with the end result and
look forward to rebuilding the playfield. Photo link below. Thanks for
looking...John

http://jdetweiler.photosite.com/EIGHTBALLOVERLAY/

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :)

Looks great, John! The "Fonz" would be proud :)

"Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@msn.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to all who helped me with my overlay questions. Special thanks to
> Jesse for the Overlay Guide. It made the job easy and fun. I cut out the
> shooter lane portion of the overlay as recommended and incorporated the
> upside down "V" cut at the transition. I also located the transition
> below
> the right gate in a hard to spot area. I'm happy with the end result and
> look forward to rebuilding the playfield. Photo link below. Thanks for
> looking...John
>
> http://jdetweiler.photosite.com/EIGHTBALLOVERLAY/
>
> --
> FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
> Madness :)

Let me know how it plays once you get it all put back together.

I want an overlay for my Bally Power Play!!!

steve (cargbp10)

Who'd you purchase that overlay from John?

I've heard that the insert lights are very dim being that they have to
get through the overlay as well.

I have also heard that there is another company that is making overlays
that cut out the holes for the inserts or leave those areas clear,
which allow the light to pass through better.

Anyone else know more on this subject?

Tim

I'm guessin' they would play the same as some of the older pins that
had factory mylar laid down on them when they were put out. Can't say
for sure though. Never played one with an overlay.

I have a few with mylar that play great though.

Tim

Hi Tim...How did the back surgery go? I hope you are doing great now. Nice
to hear from you again. I bought the overlay from a fellow RGPer.
Unfortunately, it's an Arcade Graphics overlay. I'm sure the insert lights
won't be as bright. Got a good deal on the overlay though. I'll see how it
plays. The overlay is polycarbonate (Lexan). Glad to have you back, Tim!
John

--
"Bally Tim" <rkandrlover@aol.com> wrote in message
> Who'd you purchase that overlay from John?
>
> I've heard that the insert lights are very dim being that they have to
> get through the overlay as well.
>
> I have also heard that there is another company that is making overlays
> that cut out the holes for the inserts or leave those areas clear,
> which allow the light to pass through better.
>
> Anyone else know more on this subject?
>
> Tim

Visit www.pinballmagic.com/overlay.htm for overlay reviews and info.

I hope you are doing ok from the surgery.

"Bally Tim" <rkandrlover@aol.com> wrote in message
> Who'd you purchase that overlay from John?
>
> I've heard that the insert lights are very dim being that they have to
> get through the overlay as well.
>
> I have also heard that there is another company that is making overlays
> that cut out the holes for the inserts or leave those areas clear,
> which allow the light to pass through better.
>
> Anyone else know more on this subject?
>
> Tim

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

<<I've heard that the insert lights are very dim being that they have
get through the overlay as well. >>

This would be good app for using 44's if you normally stick with 47's.
Maybe even those new LED ones if they light up the insert evenly.

<<<I have also heard that there is another company that is making
overlays
that cut out the holes for the inserts or leave those areas clear,
which allow the light to pass through better. >>

The latter, but I had thought Herb Silvers only did EBD, not EB (?)
Not sure he does them anymore anyway.