Add/Remove Programs Did Not Remove Program (QuickBooks 200..

summer

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

Hi All,

XP Pro

Hope someone can tell me what is going on here. I want to do a clean install
of the licensed version of QuickBooks 2005 CD but not until the downloaded
trial is cleaned from the HDD. Back on May 15th, Laura
(alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks) instructed me how to do this.
Finally got around to starting the process a couple weeks ago, then put it
on hold again because the uninstall didn't seem to work. I'm stuck.

What I did: Uninstalled QBs 2005 Trial using Control Panel | Add/Remove
Programs. It appeared to perform the program uninstall successfully and it's
no longer listed in Add/Remove. But, according to the HDD the program is
*still* installed. (??)

Did not find an "uninstall" or "unwise" file in the QB folder. Nor did
Google find anyone else who has had this problem.

What is my next step to *really* remove the trial version? Just delete the
QuickBooks folder? To me, deleting program folders just seems "wrong" or not
best practice...

Thanks!
--
Summer

Malke

Summer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> XP Pro
>
> Hope someone can tell me what is going on here. I want to do a clean
> install of the licensed version of QuickBooks 2005 CD but not until
> the downloaded trial is cleaned from the HDD. Back on May 15th, Laura
> (alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks) instructed me how to do this.
> Finally got around to starting the process a couple weeks ago, then
> put it on hold again because the uninstall didn't seem to work. I'm
> stuck.
>
> What I did: Uninstalled QBs 2005 Trial using Control Panel |
> Add/Remove Programs. It appeared to perform the program uninstall
> successfully and it's no longer listed in Add/Remove. But, according
> to the HDD the program is *still* installed. (??)
>
> Did not find an "uninstall" or "unwise" file in the QB folder. Nor did
> Google find anyone else who has had this problem.
>
> What is my next step to *really* remove the trial version? Just delete
> the QuickBooks folder? To me, deleting program folders just seems
> "wrong" or not best practice...

Your best bet is to ask Intuit about uninstalling their program:
http://www.intuit.com/support/

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Well I'll suggest you install CCleaner program from internet it's free. It
also have Add/Remove Programs and it will also remove the broken liks between
shortcuts and progrmas and will clean the unwanted registeries you don't need.
Go head and install CCleaner it's free.

"Summer" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> XP Pro
>
> Hope someone can tell me what is going on here. I want to do a clean install
> of the licensed version of QuickBooks 2005 CD but not until the downloaded
> trial is cleaned from the HDD. Back on May 15th, Laura
> (alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks) instructed me how to do this.
> Finally got around to starting the process a couple weeks ago, then put it
> on hold again because the uninstall didn't seem to work. I'm stuck.
>
> What I did: Uninstalled QBs 2005 Trial using Control Panel | Add/Remove
> Programs. It appeared to perform the program uninstall successfully and it's
> no longer listed in Add/Remove. But, according to the HDD the program is
> *still* installed. (??)
>
> Did not find an "uninstall" or "unwise" file in the QB folder. Nor did
> Google find anyone else who has had this problem.
>
> What is my next step to *really* remove the trial version? Just delete the
> QuickBooks folder? To me, deleting program folders just seems "wrong" or not
> best practice...
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Summer

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Summer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> XP Pro
>
> Hope someone can tell me what is going on here. I want to do a clean install
> of the licensed version of QuickBooks 2005 CD but not until the downloaded
> trial is cleaned from the HDD. Back on May 15th, Laura
> (alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks) instructed me how to do this.
> Finally got around to starting the process a couple weeks ago, then put it
> on hold again because the uninstall didn't seem to work. I'm stuck.
>
> What I did: Uninstalled QBs 2005 Trial using Control Panel | Add/Remove
> Programs. It appeared to perform the program uninstall successfully and it's
> no longer listed in Add/Remove. But, according to the HDD the program is
> *still* installed. (??)
>
> Did not find an "uninstall" or "unwise" file in the QB folder. Nor did
> Google find anyone else who has had this problem.
>
> What is my next step to *really* remove the trial version? Just delete the
> QuickBooks folder? To me, deleting program folders just seems "wrong" or not
> best practice...
>
> Thanks!

What do you mean by "according to the HDD the program is *still*
installed"? The HDD can't tell you anything, but sometimes uninstall
routines leave the program folder behind along with a few of the files.
What exactly is in on the HDD in the program folder? How does that
compare to what was there before the uninstall?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User