print screen software question

Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or the
current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap. Simple program
is all I need. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about print screen software question

    In news:%23KQZee2pFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Mary <absolutelymary@calm.com> had this to say:

    > Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or
    > the current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap.
    > Simple program is all I need. Thanks.

    XnView www.xnview.com has a free application that will do screenshots,
    print, and a lot more actually. It's handy too keep in your toolbox.

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Mary wrote:
    > Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or the
    > current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap. Simple program
    > is all I need. Thanks.

    Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
    clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
    the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
    graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
    paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
    file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

    How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    "Mary" <absolutelymary@calm.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or the
    > current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap. Simple
    > program is all I need. Thanks.

    That's what the Print Screen key on your keyboard is for. Print Screen will
    capture the whole display and Alt Print Screen will capture the active
    window. Then just bring up WordPad, Word or Paint and depress ctrl v to
    paste it. No programs required.

    Mary wrote:

    > Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or
    > the current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap.
    > Simple program is all I need. Thanks.

    Mary, although free programs are available, you probably don't need one,
    since the ability already exists in Windows. Use the PrintScrn key.

    Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen. But in
    all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of the key is
    now an anachronism.

    To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen, or press
    alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window. Either one captures
    the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in the clipboard you can paste
    (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics (Windows Paint,
    other graphics programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or
    add to the image as you wish, then print it.

    This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it is an
    improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it. But if you'd
    like that old facility back, there are several third-party
    freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as PrintKey2000
    (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Some links to some screen capture programs:-
    http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm PrintKey 2000
    http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm

    Mary wrote:
    > Anyone know of a program that will either print or copy the screen or
    > the current box that pops up. It would be nice if free or cheap.
    > Simple program is all I need. Thanks.

Microsoft Software Windows XP