TV tuner

while pricing out a new XPS Gen 4 there is an option for dual TV tuners.
What do you need 2 tuners for? Can you watch two channels in windows at the
same time?

Picture in picture.

Ted Zieglar

"David B. Mathews" <dmathews@lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote in message

> while pricing out a new XPS Gen 4 there is an option for dual TV tuners.
> What do you need 2 tuners for? Can you watch two channels in windows at
> the same time?

"David B. Mathews" <dmathews@lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote in message

> while pricing out a new XPS Gen 4 there is an option for dual TV tuners.
> What do you need 2 tuners for? Can you watch two channels in windows at
> the same time?

With appropriate software you can watch one channel while recording another.
Record two separate channels simultaneously.

Windows Media Center edition has such software natively. I don't know what
comes on the XPS systems

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"David B. Mathews" <dmathews@lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>What do you need 2 tuners for?

Watch one program while recording another? Record two programs at the
same time?

In article <34vdnhF4d0h78U1@individual.net>,
hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com (HillBillyBuddhist) says...
> "David B. Mathews" <dmathews@lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote in message
> >

> > while pricing out a new XPS Gen 4 there is an option for dual TV tuners.
> > What do you need 2 tuners for? Can you watch two channels in windows at
> > the same time?
>
> With appropriate software you can watch one channel while recording another.
> Record two separate channels simultaneously.
>
> Windows Media Center edition has such software natively. I don't know what
> comes on the XPS systems

Do any of the systems record HDTV? I have been trying to put together a
Media Center PC for my HDTV home theater, but can't find any video cards
that will accept component or DVI inputs.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc