java link no work in IE but work in Mozilla;settings on de..

cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I posted this on the IE newsgroup but got no response.

I have Java on my computer, but when I click on certain buttons to submit
something on a webpage in IE, the webpages won't open. All my other
hyperlinks will work when I click on them. I thought this was a java problem
because when I put my mouse on the buttons to click them, I see a
"javascript" code on the bottom bar of IE. I have set all the settings to
"default" in IE. This only happens on the buttons that I hit when I am
entering info for some online form, such as to book a ticket, etc.

All the buttons work fine in Mozilla browser. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi,
Answered in: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Cole" <c[at]noway.com> wrote in message
> I posted this on the IE newsgroup but got no response.
>
> I have Java on my computer, but when I click on certain buttons to submit
> something on a webpage in IE, the webpages won't open. All my other
> hyperlinks will work when I click on them. I thought this was a java
problem
> because when I put my mouse on the buttons to click them, I see a
> "javascript" code on the bottom bar of IE. I have set all the settings to
> "default" in IE. This only happens on the buttons that I hit when I am
> entering info for some online form, such as to book a ticket, etc.
>
> All the buttons work fine in Mozilla browser. Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you.

cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Here is the answer from the other group:

Hi,
For your problem with JavaScript links, try these steps:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Or, try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Important...
Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet Security and a number of
other programs can be configured to block scripts. Try disabling any pop-up
blockers like the Yahoo toolbar or Google toolbar.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Re-registering the DLLs listed in this article may help:
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]