Accessories Folder is gone? Where could it be?

August 22, 2005 9:32:59 PM

XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.

The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and others is
not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where else would it be? I
especially am trying to get to the system restore so I can set a restore
point. In fact, that is how I realized the Accessories folder was missing.

More about : accessories folder

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 22, 2005 9:37:42 PM

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e1o6ul2pFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Cole <c@noway.com> hunted and pecked:
> XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.
>

> The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and others
> is not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where else would it
> be? I especially am trying to get to the system restore so I can set a
> restore point. In fact, that is how I realized the Accessories folder was
> missing.
August 22, 2005 10:38:30 PM

In news:e1o6ul2pFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Cole <c@noway.com> had this to say:

> XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.
>

> The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and
> others is not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where
> else would it be? I especially am trying to get to the system restore
> so I can set a restore point. In fact, that is how I realized the
> Accessories folder was missing.

Hmm... You might want to go ahead and start > run > paste in this
"%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe" without the quotes > hit enter >
and restore to a few days ago and see if maybe that brings back your missing
folder.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes