french qwerty keyboard

I found a laptop with french (i think) qwerty keyboard here and cannot
figure out how to set it in winxp.
It has these chars on top row:

&é"'(-è_çà)= (numbers are shifted)

the second row has:

azertyuiop^$*

the third:

asdfghjkl!ù

any idea what is it and how do i set it up???

mat

Control Panel.. Regional and Language.. this is where you select the
keyboard language..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

<arty5ta@gmail.com> wrote in message
I found a laptop with french (i think) qwerty keyboard here and cannot
figure out how to set it in winxp.
It has these chars on top row:

&é"'(-è_çà)= (numbers are shifted)

the second row has:

azertyuiop^$*

the third:

asdfghjkl!ù

any idea what is it and how do i set it up???

mat

Yes I know, how it should work, but non of the keyboard layouts that
are there seem to fit my kayout :(

tried it too. Hungarian layout is qwertz...
after googling for 48h I am becoming keyboard layout expert, but still
no lack with mine :/

Because of the(ù) I suspect that it can be Hungarian since that language uses this character.

--
Peter

<arty5ta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124798300.840084.286420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Yes I know, how it should work, but non of the keyboard layouts that
> are there seem to fit my kayout :(

tried it too. Hungarian layout is qwertz...
after googling for 48h I am becoming keyboard layout expert, but still
no lack with mine :/

I just did....

The toshiba's satellite SA10-S403D serial No is:

73124487P

I also found these numbers on the back of the keyboard:

G83C0001K110-FR

37 M0007987 A

N860-7630-T004 02A

I also counted the keys: 86 ;)

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

wrote on Mon, 22 Aug 2005:

>I found a laptop with french (i think) qwerty keyboard here and cannot
>figure out how to set it in winxp.
>It has these chars on top row:
>
> &é"'(-è_çà)= (numbers are shifted)
>
>the second row has:
>
> azertyuiop^$*
>
>the third:
>
> asdfghjkl!ù
>
>any idea what is it and how do i set it up???
>
>mat

Hi Mat

Is this it?

http://www.goucher.edu/library/decker/helpfiles/frkeyboardmap.htm

You set it up in Windows by going to Control Panel > Regional and
Language Options > Languages tab > Details button. Use the Add button on
the right to add the French keyboard.

--
Nightowl

> No that's not it. I took a photo because some people I spoke to don't
> even believe me that such a thing exists....
> http://www.arty5ta.com/keyboard.JPG
>
> any ideas???

Why don't you email Toshiba with the serial number of the laptop and ask
them?

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

wrote on Tue, 23 Aug 2005:

>No that's not it. I took a photo because some people I spoke to don't
>even believe me that such a thing exists....
>http://www.arty5ta.com/keyboard.JPG
>
>any ideas???

Maybe that's because what's in the picture is not what you described
earlier. . . you said:

>the second row has:
>
> azertyuiop^$*

It doesn't.