did arcades become valuable over the weekend?

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2005 3:05:06 AM

What the hell are people thinking? I mean, you can buy each of these
games for a damn side less than this one alone. Hell, you'd be able to
buy 6 of them.

thought this was the slow time for ebay. Or are the crazies out in
full force this month?
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:11:10 AM

Um, thats how much the new class of 81's cost.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:28:14 AM

< I mean, you can buy each of these games for a damn side less than
this one alone. Hell, you'd be able to buy 6 of them >

It's certainly too high of a price, and I don't like the new repros,
but being able to to buy 6 for $3k? Vids are in a lull, but neither Ms
PacMan nor Galaga goes for anything near as low as $500 each....unless
they're completely beat. Restored Ms Pacs in genuinely nice shape (not
a Billy Bob touch-up job) easily go for $1200. I spent more than that
each doing full-Monty restore jobs on my Galaga & Ms Pac....which is
probably the shape this "new" one is in.

< thought this was the slow time for ebay >

Yeah, it's certainly pricey for the summer! Even if the prices were
equal, I'd rather go with the real deal. Our friends purchased one of
the "new" ones for their pinball arcade & have had (as far as I know)
very good luck with it. Makes sense for their needs & takes less
floors pace than 2 games. Also might likely be more reliable on
location. BUT, for my personal vid collection, there's no way I'd ever
replace my genuine restored ones with a wannabe :-)
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:34:30 AM

Always neat to see kids playing and enjoying the classics, though,
whether it was manufactured in the 1980's or 2005. In that sense, it's
pretty cool that the new wave of multi-game machines are around.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:13:05 AM

The funny thing about this is: You can buy a controller that hooks
up to your 32" TV that gives you 90% of the experience of one of these
things. Cost? Less than $20.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:13:23 AM

But some people don't want 3 or 6 or 10 machines when they can have it
all in one cabinet. Enter Class of '81 and Ultracade machines that go
for this kind of dough...and up.

On 11 Jul 2005 23:05:06 -0700, "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What the hell are people thinking? I mean, you can buy each of these
>games for a damn side less than this one alone. Hell, you'd be able to
>buy 6 of them
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:30:48 AM

Thats what they sell for... I had a very nice Clay Cowgill multipac
30:1 inside a nic Pac man cab . $550 is all i could get. :(
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:29:22 PM

I wish people would decide what to call these things- they're frickin' VIDEO
GAMES.

Every time I see the phrase "arcade for sale" I think of an old guy in the
mall wanting to retire and turn the business over to someone else- or sell
off his lineup of pins.

VIDEO GAMES!

An ARCADE is a place where you go to play different types of games- pinball,
skeeball, video, etc...

~sigh~

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What the hell are people thinking? I mean, you can buy each of these
> games for a damn side less than this one alone. Hell, you'd be able to
> buy 6 of them.

&rd=1

> thought this was the slow time for ebay. Or are the crazies out in
> full force this month?

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:58:02 PM

Yes, and sometimes EM, "gun games", driving, and
flying games are called 'arcades'.

It is confusing at times.

--
Fred
TX

"Ray Johnson - Action Pinball" <staff@actionpinball.com> wrote

> I wish people would decide what to call these things- they're frickin' VIDEO
> GAMES.
>
> Every time I see the phrase "arcade for sale" I think of an old guy in the
> mall wanting to retire and turn the business over to someone else- or sell
> off his lineup of pins.
>
> VIDEO GAMES!
>
> An ARCADE is a place where you go to play different types of games- pinball,
> skeeball, video, etc...
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:23:34 PM

Clay made the 24-1 Multi-Pac.

Mike

mikep28@omuonline.net wrote:
> Thats what they sell for... I had a very nice Clay Cowgill multipac
> 30:1 inside a nic Pac man cab . $550 is all i could get. :(
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:55:54 PM

i'm with you on that. thought the same thing. thought it was a bulk sale
or something.
Dan

"Ray Johnson - Action Pinball" <staff@actionpinball.com> wrote in message
> I wish people would decide what to call these things- they're frickin'
VIDEO
> GAMES.
>
> Every time I see the phrase "arcade for sale" I think of an old guy in the
> mall wanting to retire and turn the business over to someone else- or sell
> off his lineup of pins.
>
> VIDEO GAMES!
>
> An ARCADE is a place where you go to play different types of games-
pinball,
> skeeball, video, etc...
>
> ~sigh~
>
> Ray J.
> --
> Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> Web: www.actionpinball.com
>
> We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!
>

> "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What the hell are people thinking? I mean, you can buy each of these
> > games for a damn side less than this one alone. Hell, you'd be able to
> > buy 6 of them.

> &rd=1
> >
> > thought this was the slow time for ebay. Or are the crazies out in
> > full force this month?

July 13, 2005 6:26:05 PM

I think Canadians call video games arcades. I agree, I first thought
someone was selling off a couple of locations. lol. Oh well..

!