Screen saver doesn't stay

My screensaver is displayed for about 3 seconds then the screen reverts to
the desktop.

Recent changes on the system have been a few to ZoneAlarm's settings, and
the uninstallation of a couple of trial programs but I can't see how these
can affect the saver's behaviour ..... but you might know differently.

Any ideas anyone please?

see if it helps:-
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

dmb06851 wrote:

> My screensaver is displayed for about 3 seconds then the screen reverts to
> the desktop.
>
> Recent changes on the system have been a few to ZoneAlarm's settings, and
> the uninstallation of a couple of trial programs but I can't see how these
> can affect the saver's behaviour ..... but you might know differently.
>
> Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks for trying ssg, but that didn't help. I can't see any of those
entries in the registry nor can I identify screensavers in the system32
folder.